Author Topic: Crazy Kingdown Showdown  (Read 18381 times)

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Crazy Kingdown Showdown
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:12:40 pm »
:o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o  :P
CRAZY KINGDOM SHOWDOWN
 :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o :P >:(  :o  :P

Short weekly tournament between 5 teams.  I don't think it would take more than 2 and a half hours.  And I think it will be action packed.  I also believe new strategies will develop since there is no Deathmatch, which has, by strictest definition, no strategy, only tactics.

Initial Framework: 5 Teams: A, B, C, D, K

K is the returning champions, Reigning Rulers of the Crazy Kingdom

A, B, C, D are Challengers to the Throne of Lunacy.

Challenger Teams are randomly paired up:  Team AB and Team CD

Round #1 -- the now 2 teams face off in a 4v4 Crazy King.  Winning team moves on. Say Team CD

Round #2 -- The teammates now turn against each other in a showdown for the chance to take on the reigning Monarchs of Madness in a best of one King of the Hill.  So C and D duke it out to see who gets the chance at the Throne of Delirium.

Round #3 -- The Reigning Monarchs of Madness take on the up and comers in a best of 3 on King of the Hill.

The winners are anointed the Sovereigns of Insanity for the week and awarded all the rights and privileges therein.

They return the next week to defend their Diadem of Debauchery in the final Best of 3.

I want to start small.  I figure Round One could last a while, but I think it will be constant action and appealing to play and watch.  Maybe 30 to 45 Mins at most.  The King of the Hill would be about 15 mins per match, at most 4, so I'm guessing , 90 mins at least, two and a half hours at the most. 

I'd like to know who would be interested in helping me with this project in any way.

If you're not interested, I'd ask that you not post any negative comments about how this sucks or this won't work, etc. 

Also like to hear some feedback.  Any clans think they'd be interested in participating? Casters? Officials?  I'm looking at getting into some casting myself, and may use this to spur that onward.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:15:19 pm by RomanKar »

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Kingdown Showdown
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:07:15 pm »
Grim volunteers as tributes :D

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:38 am »

Offline RomanKar

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:59 pm »
Calling out to any and all clans that would like to be a part of this thing, time and day not withstanding.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:39:24 pm »
What day and time is this? Rydr will take part.

(I fkn love CP thanks for this!)

Offline RomanKar

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:19:16 am »
Date and time are still way up in the air, and I don't want to speculate without getting some info first.  Just want to gauge general interest at this point.  And who is interested and when they wish to play will factor into it.

Offline RomanKar

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:25 am »
Rules addendum:  Every Match will be Blind Pick.  Teams will submit their ship and gun loadouts before the match and must show that loadout in lobby no more than 1 min after the captain joins and takes his slot. The captain will then state in chat, after he has loaded the build he submitted to the referee, that his build is correct.  A simple "Aye" call is all that is necessary.  Referees will check loadouts and make sure the right loadout is showing.

Individual character loadouts may be changed at any time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:27:13 am by RomanKar »

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 04:39:13 am »
Do we need 3 ship-teams to sign up here?

Offline RomanKar

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:29:33 am »
No, traditional 2 ship teams will sign up.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 03:30:13 pm »
it says 4 v 4 o.o

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »
it says 4 v 4 o.o
4 teams participate in the first battle, a 4v4 crazy king match. Each side of the match (red and blue) consist of 2 teams each. Your team enters and is paired with another team of 2 to take part as one side of the 4v4. If your side wins, then you face your ally from the 4v4 in a 2v2 match. If you win that, you face last week's winner in a 2v2 match.

Offline RomanKar

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 06:48:39 pm »
The Premiere of the Crazy Kingdom Showdown will be on Sunday, October 5, 2014.  6pm eastern time.

This will follow The Sunday Community Skirmish, and I see no reason teams could not compete in both.

Sign ups will go up at least 7 days in advance, and I will be contacting the heads of Clans as the time comes closer.

Still open to feedback and suggestions.

Also gonna need some referees.  If anyone is interested in refereeing this event pls contact me on the forums, pm, steam, in-game, carrier pigeon, raven, or smoke signal.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 09:08:30 pm »
Green Sun Rising (all 7 of us) would be interested.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:26 am »
Too late at night for the Ryders unfortunately.

Offline RomanKar

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:36 pm »
Making another call to any individuals who would like to help me out with this.  At this time we are focusing in on the first Sunday in October for the debut of the Tourney.  I would be especially appreciative of anyone with previous experience putting on tournaments to help me with hammering out rules and whatnot even if they don't want their name on it, or even don't wish to be involved with actual running of the tourney on game day.

I would also like some feedback on whether the people who are actually gonna try and play this type of tourney would like a weekly type format, or a league type format that would run for a set number of weeks.  I'm leaning heavily toward the weekly all in one type tourney with a weekly rollover champion team.