Author Topic: Quack Quack, it's Duck Time  (Read 511283 times)

Offline GeneralAmericanQuack

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Quack Quack, it's Duck Time
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2013, 06:24:39 pm »
I'm back. Underways suck...

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »
Welcome back! Whats an underway?

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2013, 04:52:52 am »
Quack Quack Mother-Duckers. Squash doth return from Vegas! It was so hot the Ducks were hanging out in the fountains...

Tomorrow (Saturday) evening at 10pm Eastern time, an impromptu Duck summit is being assembled, any Duck who wants to be part of it should be there (on steam). Topics will include our participation in the new competitive system, our participation in Cogs, membership organisation and competitive formatting. If you can make it, awesome, if you can't make it, I'll catch you up.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:42 am »
Welcome back! Whats an underway?
When the ship you're stationed with goes out to sea for whatever reason.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 12, 2013, 07:47:47 pm »
It was a pleasure flying with you too Azshes and bravo on spelling my name correctly. It is a rare thing to see. Also I found this tidbit for us quackers. http://www.kongregate.com/games/Stillmerlin/a-duck-has-an-adventure

I like that game I got elected president of the world forever. And also apparently married a kitten pirate and took over the world.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:51:49 pm by Keon »

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2013, 04:43:00 pm »
I was sitting around bored on watch when I had an awesome idea. I thought up ways to build and fly a one man airship. I had fun thinking up different construction methods when it occured to me to see if anyone else had done this.

Not only has it been done, but I found instructions!

http://chestofbooks.com/home-improvement/workshop/Handy-Man/How-To-Construct-And-Operate-A-One-Man-Airship.html

I'm going to see if I can't figure out a location and a budget to work on one!

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2013, 08:10:02 pm »
Alright Ducks, shake it off, it's almost Go Time.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2013, 11:17:35 pm »
Just a heads up: I'll be less active this week due to exams and stuff. I'll be back to usual activity after a week or so (I'll still be capable of making it for Cogs this week, at least).

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2013, 11:29:48 pm »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:32:09 pm by Xemko »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2013, 11:39:49 pm »
Great practice today, guys! Nothing compares to training against the top team.

We may very well have a Paddling-killer build in our hands :D Just need to practice more first.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:42:55 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
The Paddling will never die! But, you guys do pack a whallop. Those were hard and extemely enjoyable games. Moriarty and I were actually going to call it quits after our first duck vs duck match up, but it was so awesome we decided to stick around for one more.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:29 pm »
Yeah, that was loads of fun! Going up against you guys is always awesome, especially when we can make it tight.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2013, 01:58:32 am »
Excited.

Offline Squash

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 22, 2013, 07:29:23 am »
Alright Quackers, just had a 2 hour long Skype conversation with Qwerty, Papa, Urz, Brick, Gilder and Ofiach about Cesports. I'm not sure why I was invited, but I was. Literally 2 hours. Anyway, they 'threw away' the original and proceeding documents and rewrote the whole thing. So for two hours everyone talked, some talked more than others, and it was remade from the ground up. Urz, Papa and Qwerty made all the decisions, the rest of us mostly asked questions and offered input.

The result is a website that tracks the total accrued points for each Clan. These points will be gained from tournaments and similar events (like Cogs). In addition, the win/loss ratio and other fun stats of teams within the clan will be listed. Assumingly clans can use their points to compete with each other, but that's all completely unofficial. At the end of the 3 month season there will be an 'invitational', where the top 4 scoring teams are invited to play an exclusive tournament.

The system will also include scrimmage organisation so that clans can better coordinate casters and refs for friendly competitions. These scrimmages will not in any way contribute to the clan's point score on the website, not at all. They are purely for funsies, only tournaments and events (cogs) contribute to total point scores.

As you can tell the system changed a lot, I didn't have extensive input, and I certainly didn't push for the direction it's in now, but that's the way it is. I'm not disappointed, it's not a bad system at all, it's probably a really good idea right now. Having said that I don't see it affecting us at all, I don't think it'll change how we do things. As of right this minute I don't have any plans to actually participate us in the system, but if enough Ducks want to then we certainly will.

So yeah, that's that, any questions go ahead and ask. In the meantime we still have Cogs to get ready for. Quack Quack!

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:13 am »

The QUACKENING BEGINS!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:00:10 am by Moriarty »