Author Topic: Annoying quirk with weapon ammo and reloading  (Read 5864 times)

Offline The Iron Kielbasa

• Salutes: 1
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
Annoying quirk with weapon ammo and reloading
« on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:24 pm »
Hey GUys,

So this has probably already been mentioned before but when you have a certain type of ammo loaded into a weapon and hit reload and then get off the gun it will not reload that ammo but the default ammo. I frequently get off my weapons in mid reaload to repair them and it's really annoying when they always unload my ammo so I'm back to the default ammo when I get back on that weapon.

Would be great if ammo type remained what you set it to untill it is changed.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Annoying quirk with weapon ammo and reloading
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:41 pm »
The trick is to know the timing of the reload for the gun, and hop on right before it finishes reloading and quickly switch to the type you want in the gun.

Offline The Iron Kielbasa

• Salutes: 1
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:35:28 pm »
Yes but you shouldn't have to do that, sometimes you have to go fix something else while your gun is reloading or go to a different gun and you usually won't make it back before it's done. Or a lot of the time you're running between two guns and you gotta keep em loaded so you hit reload before you run to the other one but when you get back your ammos is default - it shouldn't be this way.

The ammo should stay what you set it to untill it is changed or someone that does not have that ammo type in the load out uses the weapon.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:37:24 pm by The Iron Kielbasa »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 12:04:09 am »
Yes but you shouldn't have to do that, sometimes you have to go fix something else while your gun is reloading or go to a different gun and you usually won't make it back before it's done. Or a lot of the time you're running between two guns and you gotta keep em loaded so you hit reload before you run to the other one but when you get back your ammos is default - it shouldn't be this way.

The ammo should stay what you set it to untill it is changed or someone that does not have that ammo type in the load out uses the weapon.
Yep, sometimes you have to make the choice of keeping yourself on the gun to get the correct ammo loaded or if you need to go run do something else. It just adds to skill level and decision making in the game, and while I curse that happening too sometimes so I totally get where you're coming from, taking it out would just lower the skill level of the game.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 01:52:31 am »

Yep, sometimes you have to make the choice of keeping yourself on the gun to get the correct ammo loaded or if you need to go run do something else. It just adds to skill level and decision making in the game, and while I curse that happening too sometimes so I totally get where you're coming from, taking it out would just lower the skill level of the game.

i know it wont seem like it but i sincerely mean this: well said imagine and well communicated