Author Topic: Newer player wanting to know some more info about in game meta/stratagies.  (Read 14778 times)

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
also on a pyra gunners are pointless... the only reason you need a gunner is to adjust your weapon to fire at differen ranges..

Which is extremly useful on a long range map and if you have a Hades or artimus,

added benefit of having full repair abilites and a still buff if you so choose...

1 engineer take-Mallet Spanner Extingusher
2 engineer take- Wrench Buff chem

the 3rd engineer can not add anything to repairs that is not allready covered and a gunner can take a spanner to help out with rebuilds on balloon, or wrench for self sustained gun.

as a pilot you can keep your ship at optimum range for just one ammo type

Optimum range for a gat mortar is under 300m Lets say on dunes how are you going to keep that constant, you would need to bridge the gap, and then the pilot is not stationary if they are long range they will just reverse. medium range to also, then you are just charging into fire trying to close gap that if you are against a medium range pyra you will never close because they can match your speed in the opposite direction and have range advantage on there guns.

i get where you are coming from and you have some points that are correct in some very specific contextual instances.  but the idea that a 3rd engi on a pyra doesnt add anything is completely wrong and frankly i wonder if you have ever flown on a pyra with three engis.  i feel like you might be shocked how much better it flies.   its probably why you are afraid of trying to close long distances against snipers.   i dont want to turn this into the "proving grey t wrong" thread so instead lets just fly together sometime soon!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:44:19 am by Cpt Janeway »

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
No no jane am going to take that back,

I just flew a pyra with 3 drunk wolfs and still smashed up, and i kinda used gat mortar pyra with 3 engies haha,

Il still fly with you though :)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
If you're flying a metamidion you definitely want three engineers.

If you're flying a mid range pyramidion built around the hades (often paired with a metamidion) you need gunner to be able to alter the arming range in order to keep up with and support your ally, if you have an extremely good gungineer  capable of keeping both front guns and the balloon sprayed and buffed in combat you don't loose anything except repair capability in tank-mode, fortunately being a mid range build you are less likely to be forced into tank-mode (your close range ally is a larger immediate threat to be focused).

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
No no jane am going to take that back,

I just flew a pyra with 3 drunk wolfs and still smashed up, and i kinda used gat mortar pyra with 3 engies haha,

Il still fly with you though :)

hahahah you were part of drunken icarus last night?! you must have been on just before or just after I got on... those lady wolves get it in! :)

but to be fair when it comes to pyras there are not many who know more than those 3 ladies

Offline SuperPrincessPeach

• Salutes: 5
    • [MPD]
    • View Profile
Squid ftw