Author Topic: Team-specific Ship Colors  (Read 10635 times)

Offline StrawberryDelite

• Salutes: 5
    • [NEKO]
    • View Profile
Team-specific Ship Colors
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:19 am »
With the new of ship dyeing, a nice way to make sure the colors actually match your team color would be the ability to have a different dye for different teams.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Team-specific Ship Colors
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:04:33 pm »
There is red, and there is blue. Force opun us to use either blue or red then you just took away the reason to get deys.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »
how bout a dye called loyalty dye? when your red team it paints your balloons red and when your blue team it paints them blue automatically. That way people who don't like being on blue team with a bright red balloon can be satisfied.

Offline Myroc

• Salutes: 4
    • [BAYT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 05:42:08 am »
I do want to see the red and blue dyes be merged together into one team-specific dye. The other dyes are fine, but seeing a red-painted balloon on the blue team can become very confusing.

There is red, and there is blue. Force opun us to use either blue or red then you just took away the reason to get deys.
There are more dyes than just red and blue. This suggestion would only affect the red and blue dyes.

Offline Caprontos

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 10:14:42 am »
I think the suggestion was more to make it so we can dye the balloon how we like for each team.. Not force the balloon to be red  or blue based on team.

Maybe you like how black and red and blue and yellow look or something.. Once they add more options it might become more nice..

Offline Myroc

• Salutes: 4
    • [BAYT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:37 am »
I think the suggestion was more to make it so we can dye the balloon how we like for each team.. Not force the balloon to be red  or blue based on team.
It's not about forcing the balloon to be blue on blue team or red on red team, but forcing them to not be red on blue team or blue on red team. People would still be able to have green, black, brown, pink, octarine, or whatever kind of color they want, but red and blue colors should be restricted to those teams to avoid confusion.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:10 am »
I think part of the problem is the fins colours has gotten darker for some reason so it's become harder to see the team colours.

There's been a few times where I died cause I had doubt which ship was team-mate >_<

Keep the red/blue but make the fin colours stand out more.. either what it was or brighter.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 01:13:47 pm »
I would actually likes to see the red/blue teams go away completely, and allow sails and flags to be colored as well in any way you wish.

Replace the use of colors to identify friendly ships with some other sort of highlighting. In a lot of FPS games, just looking at an ally will highlight them with a nametag, full glowy highlight, or aura.

Going with more navel themes, your teammate could have strobes on it that only you could see, similar to old shutter lanterns. If it is flashing, it is yours. No lights? Kill it.

Offline Caprontos

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 02:31:26 pm »
It's not about forcing the balloon to be blue on blue team or red on red team, but forcing them to not be red on blue team or blue on red team. People would still be able to have green, black, brown, pink, octarine, or whatever kind of color they want, but red and blue colors should be restricted to those teams to avoid confusion.

I got that, I just meant I don't think that's what was being asked for. They are two entirely different suggestions.. One is to sort out the ease of telling what team a ship is.. and the other is to be able to dye the balloon differently for both teams.. for the sake of being able to make it look how you like..

Either way I don't really have an opinion on it.. I am not entirely for or against being able to use a red balloon on blue team.. Deception can be part of strategy..

I think the red and blue used has always been to similar in some maps/places.. to the point you can hardly tell them apart.. So making them brighter or more distinct would help... Being able to spot allies could also help.. but that depends on the devs, if they think its a balance/general issue not being able to tell..

Usually if I am not sure I try to use the map to see if our ally is somewhere other then where the ship I see is.. if spotting won't work.

Anyway I sorta agree with Richard here.. Removing team colors entirely could be interesting change.. But I don't know if it is the best idea.. It sounds less user-friendly then two colored teams.. Team work and being aware of what your ally is and looks like would be more necessary..

How about.. a friendly-fire enabled no team colors mode?.. I think that would make for some funny/interesting games.. add in being able to change ships when re-spawning and more chaos!- that's getting offtopic though..

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 04:01:43 pm »
Hardcore mode? No team colors, no marking, FF on... sounds fun. :D

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »
Hardcore mode? No team colors, no marking, FF on... sounds fun. :D
Friendly fire on: a mode for those who have yet to discover mines.

Jokes aside, would be fun.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 12:37:34 pm »
hmmmm.  I wouldn't want the team colors to be more visible.  having a color or decal specific for your clans, that I can get behind.  but generally for teams...I think this game has just the right balance.  I wouldn't want to be able to tell at a quick glance whether or not someone's on my team.

As for hardcore mode...I'm really not sure if I'd partake, but I can understand the appeal, for sure.