Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #1 (signups for Sunday 11th May)  (Read 30359 times)

Offline Scorpione

• Salutes: 8
    • [404]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #1 (signups for Sunday 11th May)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »
Hello, I would like to sign-up my team for our first competitive event.
Team name : 404 Clan Not Found
Skype contact: scorpioneinvolo

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 07:09:29 pm »
signing up for the Mad Hatters. Although I personally can't be competing this time.

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 01:23:21 pm »
I'm speaking with Overwatch about entering but if we sign up it'll be right before the cut off time.

I'm sorta interested in casting. I understand the game enough to speak about it I think. But, whether I do that in an interesting way on a commentary stream? I have no idea.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 01:25:59 pm »
TAW ready for battle!

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 02:18:24 pm »
I'm speaking with Overwatch about entering but if we sign up it'll be right before the cut off time.

I'm sorta interested in casting. I understand the game enough to speak about it I think. But, whether I do that in an interesting way on a commentary stream? I have no idea.
ok. we can be flexible about the deadline, especially considering it's the event's first run.
as for casting, I would encourage you to give it a go. Redria's claimed this Sunday's co-casting spot but we may be running 2 streams or otherwise find a way to rotate you in for the next one.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2014, 02:24:41 pm »
Glowwater Thralls will show up

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »
Hello, I would like to sign-up my team for our first competitive event.
Team name : 404 Clan Not Found
Skype contact: scorpioneinvolo

That is the best!!! Liking this allready!

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »
I'd like to sign up [R?] - Rhinos and a yet to be announced partner.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 05:02:05 pm »
eventually give teams a max of 2 mins before they are asked to ready up, then mod force start if another minute goes by.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »
I'd like to sign up [R?] - Rhinos and a yet to be announced partner.
If you want I'd be happy to join up with you.. all our NA members are unavailable for sunday and would need to find replacements anyway!

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 07:18:42 pm »
preview bracket
http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/sundayskirmish1
will be finalised & map rolls added tomorrow morning.

btw... I keep looking at that logo. rest assured it'll be replaced by something less obscenely bad before next Sunday. xD
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:20:49 pm by Velvet »

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »
preview bracket

btw... I keep looking at that logo. rest assured it'll be replaced by something less obscenely bad before next Sunday. xD

Is it now tradition that every new team must face the Thralls constantly! We faced them at our first 2 rumbles AND they were in our sky league group! Give 404 a break and let them face us.. for fairness sake! (Just my opinion that Rhinos Vs. Thralls or Hatters would make for a more enjoyable game than the probable face-roll of Rhinos Vs. us and 404 Vs. GwTh! But of course randomly generated is randomly generated and if the teams want these brackets, feel free to keep them!)

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 07:54:31 pm »
preview bracket

Is it now tradition that every new team must face the Thralls constantly! We faced them at our first 2 rumbles AND they were in our sky league group! Give 404 a break and let them face us.. for fairness sake! (Just my opinion that Rhinos Vs. Thralls or Hatters would make for a more enjoyable game than the probable face-roll of Rhinos Vs. us and 404 Vs. GwTh! But of course randomly generated is randomly generated and if the teams want these brackets, feel free to keep them!)
as I said to you already... I don't think it's my place or right to interfere and decide who should fight who. I think deviating from policy to use authority "fix" a complicated situation is often a mistake and definitely a slippery slope. So unless there's a strong consensus that the event should take steps towards manual seeding, random seeding will remain king.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 07:58:48 pm »
preview bracket

as I said to you already... I don't think it's my place or right to interfere and decide who should fight who. I think deviating from policy to use authority "fix" a complicated situation is often a mistake and definitely a slippery slope. So unless there's a strong consensus that the event should take steps towards manual seeding, random seeding will remain king.
I realise! Just a request, not a complaint! I'd written that post before remembering I had skype to contact you! Anyway, GLHF all for tomorrow!

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:12 am »
I'm affraid Rydrs will not be able to make it this Sunday, Sundays are generally a bit iffy for our team atm but we will try to participate later on and like the idea (we really missed the rumble).

here's a question for everyone:
Should any rule, eg. a predetermined "picking order" (one team has to finalise their loadout before the other) be implemented to shorten lobby times and avoid "standoffs" where teams scramble around trying to counter each other's counter builds?

I just want to point out that a time limit or some thing like that might be a bit more fair to both teams. Counter picking can play a big part in wining and forcing one team to pick ships without knowing what the other team will bring and then allowing the other team to pick after will give a huge advantage to the second team I feel. Say you where up against Rydrs and you pick first, then you take something to counter our Pyramidion due (or most commonly used ships) but then we are free to pick something completely different to counter your counter. Or even worse that you are up against a team that don't always fly the same ship then what do you pick in order to have a good game?
Maybe something like a 1 minute time limit from that all pilots join could work in order not to drag it out?

Hilerton lied, the Rhino Ryder Alliance will be flying tonight