Author Topic: 2/22/14 - Aerodrome Episode Two: Tiger's Riposte  (Read 6480 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
2/22/14 - Aerodrome Episode Two: Tiger's Riposte
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:12:48 pm »

Welcome to the week two program of events for Support Your Local Aerodrome!

There is one minor/major change this week as matches will be hosted on EU servers. Due to some big issues for many of our EU players on week 1, and as I'm aware US servers have been bad recently, we'll give a trial run this week on EU servers. This may or may not be better for our US players but a good number of the Aerodrome players are EU so we'll find out. I've personally found the EU servers more stable recently since their location moved. Hopefully this will hold true for Saturday. If it turns out there is a problem, we will shift back to US servers.

Also I know this announce is a little early this week, but we got the narrative vid done ahead of time so, might as well. It'll give you all plenty of time to practice during the week or work out strategies to use during the matches. These announcements will revolve around those narrative vids. But they won't go later than Wednesday. If Wednesday comes and the vids aren't ready, we'll be putting the next announce up with or without the vid.

So without further adieu, this week on Aerodrome:

Match 1: Refinery

Teams: Merry Thralls vs Crimson Rhino Ryders

Losing the desert approach was unexpected for the Tiger. Thankfully, the defeat dealt to Anglea on their own turf, helped delay the Anglean counter attack which Yesha wouldn’t be able to repel easily. This has purchased Yesha precious time it needs to recover and strike back.

The first step of their plan involves retaking the Refinery which supplies the front line fleets with vital fuel to continue the war effort.

Leading the charge against it, and looking to redeem themselves after their rumble in the desert, is the famed Merry Thralls. They in turn face off against the battle hardened Crimson Rhino Ryder squadron, still basking in the afterglow of their crushing defeat of the VSS.

Will their celebrations be short lived or will Anglea continue to leech the oily life blood from Yesha?

Match 2: Desert Scrap

Teams: VSS Squadron 1 vs The Juicy Gents

Thanks to the mercenaries from Firnfeld, Anglea secured a vital route from which to launch attacks behind Yeshan frontlines. But as with mercenaries, their loyalties wander when the action and money becomes more attractive elsewhere.

The route is now unguarded. Yesha sees this opportunity to reclaim the lost ground and shore up their defenses.

Looking to dispatch a unit for this mission, the Yesha Imperial Air Service accepts a request to sortie from the VSS squadron. Despite being forced to retreat from the Refinery, command knows VSS’s specialty with close combat and fire weaponry. But will it be enough to secure Yesha's flank?

At the same time, under an emergency dispatch with forces stretched thin, the A.F.C. reassigns the Gents from home defense duties to a mad dash run into the desert. Will they make it in time to prevent Yesha from re-establishing a foothold?

Match 3: Anglean Raiders

Teams: Mercs vs Crimson Rhino Ryders

Money talks, and Yesha has lots of it.

Secretly impressed by the display the Firnfeld mercenaries brought upon the Merry Thralls, Y.I.A.S. command has come up with a plan most sinister. Use the mercs to attack their former employers, creating chaos within the Anglean ranks as former allies become new enemies.

Unfortunately, Mercs are not very great on discretion and Anglea quickly learns of their new found change of heart. Knowing the damage the mercs could do being behind Anglean lines, A.F.C. command sends out an emergency recall and orders the Ryders to return from the front and defend the homeland from the merc attackers.

Will the Ryders make it back in time to prevent chaos from overtaking the Anglean ranks, or will the mercs succeed in dealing Anglea a crippling blow?

Nitty Gritty

Streaming channel: http://www.twitch.tv/cesports

Time will be 1pm EST/6pm GMT Saturday.

Teams are requested to be in game and start forming up 15mins prior if not sooner. Bully Buddies and Scorekeepers will have lobbies preloaded and ready to go well in advance and passwords will be given out ahead of time too. Teams may join in and start filling their lobby at any time during the event, earlier the better. But they will be requested to hold off starting until all clear is given. The match ref/scorekeeper will handle that.

We will continue to use both the Aerodrome Steam Group and the Skype group to communicate between the teams.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: 2/22/14 - Aerodrome Episode Two: Tiger's Riposte
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:12:22 am »
This is interesting...did you all know Feb. 22nd is Cat Day in Japan? Or you may call it Nyan Nyan Nyan day!

This year it will be the 28th annual Nyan Nyan Nyan day. Anyways, I think we should have a little fun with this. Therefore, I'm going to put up a challenge to all participants and viewers. If you can get Brick to make cat sounds 3x, either Nyan, Mrau, or Meow...both factions will get 100 bonus points for the day. It doesn't have to be all at once, just in total Brick has to do it 3x over the course of the event.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:14:34 am by Gilder Unfettered »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:18:54 pm »
40 mins till Aerodrome!

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 02:45:08 pm »
Nightmare servers week...ok I've talked with teams. Match 1 and 3 will be recorded. So the score this week is: Yesha: 1231 - Anglea: 2780

Match 2 we may do a rematch on next week. If not, we'll continue on with week 3. Hoping next week will be better with the servers. I guess all you can do is convince all the newbies not to get on during the weekend...heh.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »
This is interesting...did you all know Feb. 22nd is Cat Day in Japan? Or you may call it Nyan Nyan Nyan day!

This year it will be the 28th annual Nyan Nyan Nyan day. Anyways, I think we should have a little fun with this. Therefore, I'm going to put up a challenge to all participants and viewers. If you can get Brick to make cat sounds 3x, either Nyan, Mrau, or Meow...both factions will get 100 bonus points for the day. It doesn't have to be all at once, just in total Brick has to do it 3x over the course of the event.
So... I didn't hear anything anywhere confirming that points were awarded for this, but I am sure that Brick said my ship's name (Meowcenary) at least 3 times. Which I do believe qualifies. ;)

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »
The points were awarded.