Author Topic: Searching for a group!  (Read 8459 times)

Offline Lunalee

• Salutes: 1
    • [OVWs]
    • View Profile
Searching for a group!
« on: February 04, 2014, 08:03:29 pm »
I say group because Ive noticed some clans on here only take experienced members. Im fairly experienced in this game but I would like a static group to play with. If its a clan or not doesn't bother me, however I would prefer if they were a bit mature. I looooove this game but the one major draw back is having to hop matches and crew with people I barley know and I cant seem to fit everyone's play style. If you are able to lend me a helping hand or a shot in the right direction please pm me or find me on steam: Luna. Please please please help me out! Thanks in advance.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for a group!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:17:59 pm »
I'd recommend Cake as you're clan, we take everyone of all skill levels aren't hesitant to try out new things. Give our members a ring and see what you think.

Offline Lunalee

• [OVWs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:45:48 pm »
Who should I talk to?

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:06:31 pm »
I've seen you around a bit recently. Overwatch usually has people online, and we tend to play together. We have a teamspeak in collusion with Cake, and you can always find someone on who will talk your ear off.

I enjoyed having you on my ship, though I feel I may have been flying a few bad matches when you were present. :P

You can feel free to hop on the teamspeak server if you'd like and play with some people. If we aren't the group for you, we will still be happy to fly with you if you need a ship. I will vouch for you.

We like to win, but we enjoy having fun. I like to think we find a good balance between playing well and playing to fit our sense of enjoyment from the game and time with each other. :) You don't have to be the best player. Just have fun with us and we will have fun with you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:09:14 pm by redria »

Offline Lunalee

• [OVWs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:09:43 pm »
I remember seeing you as well redria, if I remember correctly I was gunning for you a couple matches in a row.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:34:56 pm »
Wait we have a teamspeak, Why does no one ever tell me these things?!

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 02:11:08 am »
you also might want to look at the organisation that redria is making to get you in competitive matches if you think you are ready to fight against some more experienced people.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 03:16:25 pm »
I would disagree with Coldcurse there. My organization is focused around getting people into competitive play, regardless of who they end up flying with. It is a good opportunity to get exposure to full clans and the competitive scene, but not good for finding a regular group: you are more likely to be paired with random people every time (if the group ever takes off...).

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 04:00:23 pm »
hey lunalee, if you are interested in competitive play contact me, I run a competitive minded team. It's not really a clan, but we are currently recruiting people for competitive play.
If you dont want to tie yourself to competitive play, then have a look at each clan in the docks section and choose one you like, they are all friendly and admits people without that many requirements.

don't be afraid to contact the clans and ask them what they can promise you as a member. Some clans have competitive teams, but dont allow casuals to play on them, some are very open to letting casuals play on their competitive teams once in a while.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 04:13:59 pm »
Personally I'd recommend Holy, because of course I would. Our only requirement is a good attitude. We're still growing so we're not competitive focused, but eventually we're open to the idea when we have enough people willing to participate. We have a handful of pretty active members at the moment, so it's hard to find a time when none of us are on. We also come with our own forums and teamspeak.

But really I'd try to find a clan that fits your interests and timezone.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 04:29:23 pm »

But really I'd try to find a clan that fits your interests and timezone.

this

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:23:19 am »
Hey Lunalee.. I remember playing some matches at the same time with you in the past and with a good memory. So i will also vouch for you.. I recommend that you get to know people in the most common clans here to help making a preference. It might not be easy. Many good and fun clans in goio. The threads here have the information you needfor applying so it's up to what you feel is right. I wouldn't rush it but i would play more with some groups to make it easier.
I agree with what has been said and wish you luck and fun games with what group that has the pleasure of having you added  to their group/clan :)

See you in the skies.