Author Topic: JIP crew approval  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Eightysev

• Salutes: 1
    • [kek]
    • View Profile
JIP crew approval
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:31:09 pm »
Dear Devs,

Could you make it so that when a match has started and someone wants to JIP the captain has to approve of it first.
It is always beter to have a human player, but there is no point to it when the person is a second gunner or even worse, a second pilot.

A simple message system where the captain gets a message that someone wants to join the crew and their class would be enough.
So he can simply push a button or click something to approve the player or to reject him.
Because there is nothing so painfull as when you are winning and then someone joins and makes your crew ineffective.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: JIP crew approval
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 12:01:31 am »
although this has happened to us all, it is sometimes a fault of the quick join mechanic and not the player themselves, i feel giving the captain power to deny the right for someone to play would be like kicking them off there ship in lobby, and for that reason i can not ever see this mechanic working, as it could be abused to deny lower level players also and to keep kicking players till there friends name appeared instead. interesting idea for a prompt however but poorly implemented in my opinion.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 02:37:46 am »
What if I told you, quick join doesn't exist?

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:23 am »
Quick Join was adjusted previously to remove the midmatch second gunner quick join to a much more preferred join during lobby. But on another point, we just ignore quick join.