Author Topic: Lobbies of Icarus online  (Read 38478 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Lobbies of Icarus online
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »

True, I spend a lot of time in lobbies and they sometimes end up as interesting as the actual match itself.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 04:38:34 pm »
I'm one of those guys that likes to take his time, and the vast majority of pre-match prep is spent on trying to cajole some sort of response from my crew members (using voice chat and personal messages), and then to explain how to change their tools,

"No, you have to press 'customisation complete'. No, that parachute will not save you if you fall off the ship, please bring a spyglass instead. For the fifth time, heavy clip looks like a bullet with a crosshair, NOT a bullet with a flame. What, you have an achievement that requires you to buff balloon? Well, I am captain and I have an achievement that requires me to win games, so bring chemspray or we will die a horrible flaming death" and so on and so forth. The worst part is getting people to switch from gunner to engineer, while convincing them that they'll still be able to shoot guns, except those guns will be buffed and better repaired.

Of course you can still have fun when everyone is relaxed and has no idea what they are doing, but for me the fun is in the feeling of working together as a cohesive unit, adapting to the situation, and then winning, or at least not getting stomped on by the enemy team while screaming at my gunner that he should be shooting the pyra's chaingun instead of whacking the hull.

I've gotten to the point where I ask my crew 'do you guys feel like winning today', and if I get no repsonse I just load up my hwachafish and watch the pretty explosions.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:46:14 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 07:32:56 pm »
There certainly is a lot to be said for teamwork, preparation and communication now isn't there? :P
My favourite thing to do in this game right now is find new people thirsty for knowledge and blood and willing to listen - then training them up into a formidable fighting force. The joy in their voices when we down our enemies is enough to set any dapper Captain's heart alight with pride.

Offline TheSovietKlondikeBar

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 3
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 02:27:59 pm »
There certainly is a lot to be said for teamwork, preparation and communication now isn't there? :P
My favourite thing to do in this game right now is find new people thirsty for knowledge and blood and willing to listen - then training them up into a formidable fighting force. The joy in their voices when we down our enemies is enough to set any dapper Captain's heart alight with pride.

Such is one of the beautiful things about this game. Its those moments, when you take random people who want to play well and have fun and then just have a good time, whether you win or lose. Or just load up a Galleon with Hellhounds with Lochnager Shots while being buffed. To quote the season, laughing all the way.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:06 am »
Such is one of the beautiful things about this game. Its those moments, when you take random people who want to play well and have fun and then just have a good time, whether you win or lose. Or just load up a Galleon with Hellhounds with Lochnager Shots while being buffed. To quote the season, laughing all the way.
That sounds like a lot of fun. Have you been sneaking aboard my ships?

• Community Ambassador
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 05:12:28 pm »
Have you been sneaking aboard my ships?

...Nooooooooooooo. I didn't sneak aboard the ship and deprive you of all caskets of Moonshine/vodka. *shot*

But in all seriousness, I've played with so many players and have done so many crazy things that I probably did play with you and have done such things once, twice, or triple digits. Also, try to outfit a Mobula with only Hades and watch the ragequits (of either the enemy team or yours *headshot'd*).

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 07:35:25 pm »
Have you been sneaking aboard my ships?
...Nooooooooooooo. I didn't sneak aboard the ship and deprive you of all caskets of Moonshine/vodka. *shot*
So That's where all of my alcohol went off to...

Offline Ernest Wolf

• Salutes: 5
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile page.
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 04:10:35 pm »
I never really spend much time in lobbies. ^

• Community Ambassador
    • [DEC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 04:59:19 pm »
In lobbies you don't need to spend an eternity planning and nitpicking your crew members to the point where you could have already done 4 matches; but making sure that a general amount of synergy is established between the Captain, his/her ship, and his/her crew will give you a higher chance of doing well in a match. As established prior, this is a game about teamwork, and teamwork can't be accomplished if a ship and its members doesn't act like a team.

Become a singularity. Join Facebook. *nuke'd*

Offline KyleHaupert

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 09:14:05 pm »
Who even thought of the name 'Lobbies of Icarus'?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 09:28:52 pm »
I feel like i do most of my waiting because it takes a while to find a minimum of 16 people patient enough to stay in a lobby untill it starts, properly setting up ships and crew is a bonus.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 03:07:44 am »
Meh, I do all my waiting in lobbies waiting for the teams to sort themselves out or come up with an adequate presence. This wait leads to *interesting* discussions.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:45 am »
Meh, I do all my waiting in lobbies waiting for the teams to sort themselves out or come up with an adequate presence. This wait leads to *interesting* discussions.
Interesting is certainly one word for it! I love what we get up to in lobbies while we're sorting everything out.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 11:52:15 pm »
Meh, usually its discussions about crazy antics and other such amazing stuff, like all loch flareguns on a pyra, causing hell in a handbasket, for all whose balloons are involved.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 02:07:32 am »
causing hell in a handbasket

Isn't that my line?