Author Topic: Forward reports to clan leaders  (Read 11591 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Forward reports to clan leaders
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:49:10 pm »
Not that I am going to name names (because that would be rude) but I had an idea about additional policing of the community. I would like any behavior report generated about a member of a clan getting forwarded to who ever is the registered leader of that clan. Also the registered leader should have the ability to strip a member of that clan tag. This would add a level of social pressure to behave in a respectful manner and prevent clans from acquiring a bad name when one of their members starts behaving badly.

This might help in situations where an offense is not grievous enough to warrant any account action but the mods still wants to put pressure on the offender.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Forward reports to clan leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 03:06:27 pm »
I think we would need better control over clans and clan tags before something like that could be considered. I have some reservations about it though.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:43:24 pm »
An automatic thing probably would not work, however I think an internal policy of Morbie noticing a bunch of people from a clan messing up, would be a reason to let their clan leader know.

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »
I was thinking it would be a manual thing between Morbie and the people generally acknowledged as clan leaders. Just a "**** has been acting like a dick, here are the logs, could you tell them to knock it off" and "We have never heard of **** and really don't want his behavior to reflect poorly on the rest of us, could you strip his clan tag?"

Of course since I don't participate in clans there is no way of knowing if this is already in place. I am just throwing out ideas as they pop into my head.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:13:06 pm »
The kind of system you're describing is not in place no. I don't mind a system like this, but is it really needed?

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »
I think it may be informally in place. I think that if Ducks were racking up complaints left and right Morbie might mention something to us. I don't know if it is part of their protocol or anything.

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 05:07:59 pm »
I have only had one instance where a member of a clan I recognized behaved badly. I am not even sure if he was a member of that clan since I only recognized the clan tag and not the player. There have been plenty of badly behaving people with random clan tags but I could care less about them.

Our community is very tight knit and I feel reputation here matters. If I were a member of a clan, I would not want the actions of another member to reflect badly upon me.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 05:32:52 pm »
I mean obviously this is just another layer of protection and recourse for newer people into the game, because anyone who has been in the game for quite awhile would simply take it upon themselves to go straight to the clan leader.  basically what I'm saying is this is ALREADY happening on an unofficial level why not make it official? I am FOR any mechanic that would help protect new people from being trolled. 

with that being said me being reported to myself would be quite embarrassing...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:34:31 pm by -Mad Maverick- »

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 05:36:09 pm »
ooo the scolding I would give myself...

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:18:28 pm »
Sorry, I don't think clan leaders should be disciplinarians.  If someone sends an abuse report to muse we should trust that Muse will handle it in the most appropriate way.  People can always try to contact a CA or muse employee in game and they can act as an intermediary between the 2 parties.

I also think that there is a good chance things could get blown out of proportion if clans got involved in every personal dispute.

Oh and what happens if you report the clan leader, do they still get informed?

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 06:53:40 pm »
Ramjam you don't read what write huh? I said I would give myself a talking to

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 07:12:39 pm »
Sorry, I'm not your clan leader so I wouldn't get that email.  Someone from the council of 9 would have to forward your report on to me :D

Offline HamsterIV

• View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 07:16:47 pm »
Ok Ok, it was a silly idea. The reporter's name should not be part of the report, only the offender Even if some one were to report a clan leader it would be just a second "hey you got reported, knock it off" message. I am sure Muse sends those warning messages out to the offender before they take more drastic action. The suggestion is to CC the clan leader when appropriate. That way they know if <blank> has been giving their group a bad name.

To be honest I was kinda iffy about this idea when I had it. Muse has always liked to deal with bad behavior quietly and this would be a violation of that practice. However it has been a slow day and I felt like sharing my random thoughts.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 07:27:51 pm »
Ok Ok, it was a silly idea. The reporter's name should not be part of the report, only the offender Even if some one were to report a clan leader it would be just a second "hey you got reported, knock it off" message. I am sure Muse sends those warning messages out to the offender before they take more drastic action. The suggestion is to CC the clan leader when appropriate. That way they know if <blank> has been giving their group a bad name.

To be honest I was kinda iffy about this idea when I had it. Muse has always liked to deal with bad behavior quietly and this would be a violation of that practice. However it has been a slow day and I felt like sharing my random thoughts.

I understand where you are going, I just think there are some problems that would be hard to overcome.  Muse treat reports as a confidential matter and I don't think you would be able to change that.  The scenario Sammy describes might be more feasible (notify clan leaders their clan is racking up large amounts of reports).

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 12:38:43 am »
The idea is already there imho. We have links to all clans here. They have rosters and should be fairly easy to get hold of one or two members to get helped further with an issue.
I believe clans would need their solidarity for internal issues. It would not feel right to have to look over ones shoulder all the time even if trying to behave.
It's a game. If ppl misbehave ingame, report to CA or muse. If it's a clanmatter the clan/clans can deal with it.
Clanleaders have a lot to do. Now they got a small breather between tourns and always something going on.

A report tool in addition to what already is, may be easier to exploit. It's fine to help and assist in matters and sort them asap but a confidential reporting tool sounds a bit "extra".
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:40:22 am by genozide »