Author Topic: Enslaved  (Read 4749 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Enslaved
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »
ITS ON PC!!! ZOMG!!!!

Ninja Theory...the guys are masters of motion capture animation in gaming. Look up Heavenly Sword to see their best work. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West came out a few years back on consoles. Beautiful game, great motion capture, not as good as Heavenly Sword but damn better than half the crap being churned out in the industry. The game was just too much for the consoles to handle. Lot of fps problems. Most of which in areas that were just too big and highly detailed.

I know it looks kinda silly beating up robots with a staff and climbing around like a monkey, I didn't buy it at launch originally because it didn't appeal to me. But then I finally realized who it was that made it and I snatched it up. If your on the fence now with it's price then yeah wait for a Steam sale but honestly, its a really gorgeous title and worth the $20 price.

Check it out on Steam!

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Enslaved
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »
I haven't played it but it's supposed to have a pretty interesting story too.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 09:12:25 pm »
Finished downloading. About a 11GB DL. Its a straight 360 port it seems. Which isn't bad. It was a very pretty game. But its like they didn't take time to do much more with it. You can change the resolution but thats it and I honestly think that is only for the menus because the resolution seems to switch to a 720 one in game. I dug into the config files since its UT3 engine. Looks like in game it reverts to 1280x720. It does however seem like you can hack the config and tell the engine to do things. I did that with VSYNC and it appears to be working like any UT3 game would.

So, there is no real low end or high end version of the game. If you don't meet the requirements I guess you just can't play it unless you hack the config.

So downside but...so far it plays great. Love it.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:34:10 am »
The game looks nice but worried most about the gameplay itself. A straight console port doesn't sound good to me. But if the story is good and the voiceacting and gameplay. Might give it a go.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »
Imagine say Uncharted/Tomb Raider wall climbing mixed with a lot of CQC and tricks in dealing with mechs. Then you have huge boss battles at times. Some of them are pretty intense. Story is the good part for sure. Its based on Journey to the West. The interactions between Monkey and Trip are great.

The fighting gets better as you increase Monkey's abilities. Plus you literally get a hoverboard at one point and some levels get really awesome :D.

Its not the worst straight console port ever. Course maybe its just my system being vastly overpowering for it. But then again it is UT3 engine. It isn't a really custom engine that would have to be ported well. Heck SLI even functions with it which is a surprise because often times I see poor ports refusing to work with dual GPUs.