Author Topic: Tutor/Pupil system  (Read 17496 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Tutor/Pupil system
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 12:01:25 pm »
If there's any thread that needs a Necro and needs to be seen by Muse, it's this.
I've read all the OP and this sounds like a great idea for GoIO. Like Coaching in TF2, however, in GoIO it would actually work.
Kamoba, mind sending in another one of your giant emails to Muse?

I don't have to send every email ya'know :p

Feedback@musegames.com, say David Ferrari sent you. (you don't have to say I sent you ;) was going for that line "tell them I sent you." You get the the point. 8) )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:11:29 pm by Kamoba »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 12:26:12 pm »
If there's any thread that needs a Necro and needs to be seen by Muse, it's this.
I've read all the OP and this sounds like a great idea for GoIO. Like Coaching in TF2, however, in GoIO it would actually work.
Kamoba, mind sending in another one of your giant emails to Muse?

I don't have to send every email ya'know :p

Feedback@musegames.com, say David Ferrari sent you. (you don't have to say I sent you ;) was going for that line "tell them I sent you." You get the the point. 8) )

Actually was just asking you because you make awesome messages, but sure, I'll work on trying to make something worthy of you :P

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 01:41:40 pm »
I was reading through this post and once I got to the levels, I was a bit suprised, and then I saw the players he mentioned and was super confused

this idea is super rad

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:32 pm »
I am going to ask them right now on dev firechat

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 03:42:28 pm »
clans... makes this redundant... just make them clan related...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:44:11 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 03:49:36 pm »
But some people do not want to get into a clan. I personally avoid clans whenever possible, and would rather only get in touch with one or two people I have previously played with. Then again, I am also not big on mainstream rpgs where clans rule the world.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 04:54:23 pm »
@Mag, let us know what they said :)

Also, I agree with Lanliss, making a clan based thing would not be beneficial to those who don't want to clan, or only want to clan with their friends (for example the bundle pack clans who form a clan while novice)
Also take into account if clan based, it becomes reliant on not interacting outside of the clan, I know many people who would enjoy/benefit this from this if they got to do it with people not in the same clan or in a clan, as well as players who avoid joining a clan until they've played the game and learnt more about it (which is a bigger volume than active players who would join a clan soon)

Offline MagKel

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 07:11:46 pm »
So, the Devs didn't know about it and I will send an email (so you should too, reader) linking to this thread as requested.

Little experience that I had today: I really want to learn Hades, but it is difficult to be handed one in a game, so as usual I warm up by shooting down drones in practice mode. After a few minutes some people popped on my squid (friend listed?) and even after they learned what I was doing, how boring it would be and possibly the least team working moment of GOIO, they wanted to stay and learn too. Why not giving the chance for real high level players to gain achievements and recognition by running practice "lessons" where people would join, mostly as spectators, so that they could see first hand how to play at the best of their capabilities? It would be a good way to publicize your own clan, find good perspective players and increase customer's retention.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »
As much as i like these types of ideas, it just shows that goio has an odd learning curve that is kind of needed for most or all players to enjoy. And most of it is based on player inputt, so there will always have to be a player inputt, there may be communication barriers such as language or hardware.

What the game should do is ENCOURAGE communication, teamwork and cooperativity at all times! Perhaps lingering tips at some part of the screen that pops up that says small reminders like "Work with your team ship" or "Remember to command your crew of anything important" and "Not everyone performs well, try to work with that!".
Matchmaker waiting tips i think arent enough, but would be nice for more tips that encourages what the game is about.

Another thing, i rather not make muse take too much workload with making a system like this, it feels way too player dependant and there is a higher chance it wont work as we imagine it to be. What we have to look at is muses new releases, how will this make players good at the game? Coop will make players more familiar with their own ship and team layout versus ships that will show whatever they are doing is working (or not) and there will be no one to blame but themselves. Bring THAT knowledge over to Skirmish and we have good enough crew allready.

In short: We dont need this, Coop will make players in general better, all we can do is encourage teamwork (Guides, videos etc to showcase this)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 08:23:56 pm »
So, the Devs didn't know about it and I will send an email (so you should too, reader) linking to this thread as requested.

Little experience that I had today: I really want to learn Hades, but it is difficult to be handed one in a game, so as usual I warm up by shooting down drones in practice mode. After a few minutes some people popped on my squid (friend listed?) and even after they learned what I was doing, how boring it would be and possibly the least team working moment of GOIO, they wanted to stay and learn too. Why not giving the chance for real high level players to gain achievements and recognition by running practice "lessons" where people would join, mostly as spectators, so that they could see first hand how to play at the best of their capabilities? It would be a good way to publicize your own clan, find good perspective players and increase customer's retention.

again. remedied by clans.

I just finished up a 3 hour achieve whoring spree and pubbed around with crazy chieve whoring builds. my babies had to adapt to what they were given and win with it while achieve whoring (which is essentially what this tutor/pupil thing is... another achieve tree).

They got practice on whatever they wanted and I get to play in a style that isn't retard proof.

clans. they're a thing.

also... novice is set up with these hand holding things in mind. No noob ever has the patience to put in the time to learn. They just wanna play and flail around like idiots. You can provide as many teaching tools you want, but at the end of the day they want to just go in a match and shoot crap than watch people do it. or be told how to do it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:27:54 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline MagKel

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 06:59:04 am »
also... novice is set up with these hand holding things in mind. No noob ever has the patience to put in the time to learn. They just wanna play and flail around like idiots. You can provide as many teaching tools you want, but at the end of the day they want to just go in a match and shoot crap than watch people do it. or be told how to do it.

that's harsh  :(

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 12:33:00 pm »

The thing you forget is that every single one of us were noobs at some point. I was, you were, we all were. I've directed many many new players to this very forum when they've asked for good advice or guides, and if one of them happened to ever stumble on one of your less friendly posts, I'm sure they'd be turned off to this whole thing immediately

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 12:36:30 pm »
But valid. Look at the amount of guides on the forum and the amount of clans that are willing to help new players at least learn the basics. Many people say that they want to learn but they get discouraged by people 'not wanting' to learn.

I'd really like to see nano's opinion on this since he created a tutoring clan.

Also, for a while I suggested a possibility of clan creating "trainee divisions", like a clan inside their clan, but especially for new players to learn. But nobody cared.

@Logic

The difference is some people want to learn and use resources they have. I've stayed in novice as long as I could and asked (and added to friends) smart and experienced players I met so I could grow. I've read guides. There are many people who helped me, sure, but I was the one to put the first effort.