Author Topic: New UI feedback poll  (Read 12494 times)

zlater75@hotmail.com

Re: New UI feedback poll
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 01:16:30 pm »
Going to raise this back up, as I'm fairly certain more UI changes will be on the horizon, and I'd really like options for them (on/off or old/new).

I guess these are the matters at hand atm. Feel free to copypaste if list is accordingly.  :)

yes, more options or No, the changes so far are ok and see no need for UI options:
Hit indicators:
Achievement popup:
Target indicator:
Team colour indicator:
Enable/subtle/disable UI options:
Ship names showing:
Unit damage indicator:
Achievement popup on/manual/off:

My opinion atm..

yes, more options or No, the changes so far are ok and see no need for UI options:
Umm.. a compromise? more options would depend on what options? No and being content with changes i'm not sure either. damn. confused again.  :-\ simple, realistic and not too much stuff is best imo.

Hit indicators:
I think the hit indicators are good for gunners and captains but as long as the visual and audio remains on the ship. It helps gunners know lead, angle and isn't too obvious atm since the aiming still relies on how good the gunner is with that particular weapon. I don't know if it's there but would be good to have damage taken sounds also specified for engineer, not just the red flashing light. Would indicate what kind of hit and perhaps help engineer know what to focus on?

Achievement popup:
For some players it gets too much focus imho. A few times an engineer has totally ignored helping out the other just because he/she has to get an achievement, which is pretty rude and uncooperative to the rest of the crew. The achievements are there but i prefered just seeing the box (that could prob be downsized 50% or proportionate to res) and have the achievement numbers separate from the game. Progress page is fine for them. If i play normal and happen to get one it feels better than if i try milk one specific one after the other. Achievement should be true to its word. It would also make leveling up more natural and show what kind of style the player has. But.. that's what i think.

Target indicator:
It's a bit complicated. On the other hand, keeping it simple would mean iron sights and not aiding the new or non-middlescreen-acquainted player and using it would mean giving skilled players an advantage using it versus having something less realistic on the screen. However the multipurpose targetindicator atm is fine since there aren't ironsights on most weapons. I'd like however if the light weapons had a smaller indicator and the heavy ones had the current. Seeing that a gun has loaded or is loaded helps timing and keeping ship sounds low for voice use. I'd also like a tracer round ammotype as option to shoot better leads through clouds with every third bullet tracing. Not perhaps needed or possible on all weapons. Balance is essential.

Team colour indicator:
The rectangle is a bit odd, but helpful. But some option to visualise team colour more discreet would be welcome. I like the flags but maybe just a bit more discreet like the chatbox outline colour that fades away with it or something else. There's tab, left upper indicator, flags and the rectangle.. If new join it might not be as obvious. Maybe loading screen or brief indication at start of match? hmm..

Enable/subtle/disable UI options:
Options to customize all UI options would be great. Then most would prob be happy. :P

Ship names showing:
Tactically alright when targeting a specific ship and not too easy to spot the difference between them. Helps teamwork but also gives a large benefit toward focusing fire. One could just say "left, right, port, starboard, high, low, upper, lower" ship, right? But to specify the ship with its name is more personal and lets people remember who they have fought. Which is nice and since it works both ways i have no problem with it and goi ships have so funny names sometimes too. like "the other ship", squid called "mobula" etc..  :o ok. confused again.. lol..

Unit damage indicator:
The engine, hull, balloon etc damage indicators are a bit all over the place. Would be nice if they were either left or right side, or keep more to the middle of the sides. they overlap the chatbox and aren't as useful or easy to notice all the time.

Achievement popup on/manual/off:
Definately.

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 04:47:14 pm »
My 2 cents:

Hit indicators: Absolutely necessary, especially when gat tracers still don't work. I do like the white to red on component break, it helps teach new players all about gat/mortar timings or other timings for when to strike with explosive damage.

Achievement popup: I kinda like it, but hey it'd be nice to turn them off.

Target indicator: Also necessary, iron sights would be fun, but again I gotta think about all my lvl 1-3 newbies out there!

Team colour indicator: I personally liked having to look at your flags/tab screen if you forgot, and some people still forget what team they're on and will dump half a clip into their teammate... I wouldn't cry if that left, but either way I'm fine.

Enable/subtle/disable UI options: More customization = more fun (to an extent)

Ship names showing: Necesario. I even said it in spanish. I like seeing ship names, so I always know to target Dragonmere if he's paired up with another pyra on his team :P

Unit damage indicator: One person I talked to wanted them to be locked in fixed positions of the screen, I think that'd be nice. But the whole jumping around aspect kinda makes it more realistic, as in you do have to constantly look around the ship (or your screen) to see what's broke
Sidenote: I've brought this up, and most people like the idea. Whenever you buff a component, a similar indicator to the damage indicator should pop up to signify that this part is buffed. It'd be a surefire way of knowing when you need to go re-buff the hull, or letting a pilot know whenever his engines/balloon are buffed so he/she can adjust accordingly.

Achievement popup on/manual/off: Def. Make everyone happy, default them to on, give people the choice to turn them off.

Offline Lochiel

• Salutes: 2
    • [GsC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:38 pm »
I voted no, which seems odd because more options are always better, right? So let me explain myself.

I'm assuming that these are not currently options because Muse felt it would take too much effort to do correctly. I don't understand it, but whatever. If Muse has the spare manpower to fix this, then I'd rather that effort went into fixing gat tracers and projectile curve physics.

So my "no" isn't a "no", it's a "this is low priority".

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:33 pm »
Gat tracers have actually been fixed, by the way. That'll be in the patch rolling out next week.