Author Topic: How do i re-enter game with different loadout?  (Read 8690 times)

Offline roder

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
How do i re-enter game with different loadout?
« on: October 22, 2013, 01:36:57 am »
entered lobby and it automatically started when i joined, they needed an engy when i joined as a gunner, so i tried backing out and changing my class. i didn't get it to work properly, is there a way to do it?

also is there a way to change your loadout if you picked the wrong equipment, once game started

thanks in advance

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: How do i re-enter game with different loadout?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 02:29:01 am »
Hit esc, abandon match, reset your loadout, click on Resume.

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:17:14 am »
Yeah there's no loadout changing in-game. If you Abandon Match, it starts a 90 second window where your spot on the ship is held by an AI, giving you enough time to get back in if you accidentally left or your comp crashed. If you change your class/loadout in that time, you'll see the Resume option at the top of the main menu, or you can go through the Matches list and find the same match to jump back in (the Resume button is way faster).

As a pilot who often changes ships but forgets to change loadouts, I do this all the time. I either back out right when the match starts, or immediately after our ship goes down. That way I know I have a few seconds to spare where it won't hurt us.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 11:14:27 am »
Ooo! I get to correct Wuffo!
If you change your class/loadout in that time, you'll see the Resume option at the top of the main menu, or you can go through the Matches list and find the same match to jump back in (the Resume button is way faster).

Almost! If you need to change class, you can't hit the "Resume" button. To change class, you NEED to rejoin through the Matches list or Friends List. Hitting "Resume" at the top will NOT change your class, but WILL change your loadout.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:31:58 am »
What drogonmere said.  That's the only way to change class when in a match.

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »
Ooo! I get to correct Wuffo!
If you change your class/loadout in that time, you'll see the Resume option at the top of the main menu, or you can go through the Matches list and find the same match to jump back in (the Resume button is way faster).

Almost! If you need to change class, you can't hit the "Resume" button. To change class, you NEED to rejoin through the Matches list or Friends List. Hitting "Resume" at the top will NOT change your class, but WILL change your loadout.

Well hold on there, Dragon! I think they might have fixed this, I changed from engi to pilot via Resume just yesterday... I'm going to be experimenting tonight......