Author Topic: Gunner tool: Ammunition Lock  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Gunner tool: Ammunition Lock
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:27:07 am »
This is a tool that goes in an ammo slot. Automatically activates whenever the gun starts reloading. Once activated, the player can leave the gun during reload, and it will automatically load the same ammo that was being used rather than defaulting to standard.

Gunners would only have two special ammo types to use if they took this tool, but could more easily run more than one gun.

Engineers and pilots would have no special ammo types, but could keep whatever a fellow crew member had loaded.

AI should all carry this tool by default.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
That's a start
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:19:26 am »
Ammunition should be locked inside the gun instead of vanishing into thin air. It shouldn't have to be reloaded every time an AI wants to hop on your gun, or if you leave the gun alone while it's reloading. I don't believe we need any new items to fix this problem, we just need this ammo locking feature to already be implemented.

None of the gunners can say they're locked and loaded, because they're only unlocked and temporarily loaded.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Then again
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:21:07 am »
Then again, aren't all loaded guns temporarily loaded?

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner tool: Ammunition Lock
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:39:13 am »
Assume all guns, loaded or unloaded, are loaded in spirit.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 03:33:08 am »
They are addressing this in the next patch, after the patch I'm pretty sure ammo will remain in guns even if you move away while reloading.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 04:28:42 am »
I hope that they do not implement it by default, (could be annoying when using lochnagar) however I really like the idea of it being a gunners tool! Would be a great choice for pilots to take on the rare occasion that they do hop on a gun.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:31:00 am by GeoRmr »