Author Topic: Forgotten modes  (Read 12512 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Forgotten modes
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:34:00 am »
Since last patch came in
RIP 4v4
RIP Crazy King
3v3 - still alive, but dying slowly

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Forgotten modes
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:46 am »
 :'(

Requiescat in pace

Offline Nietzsche's Mustache

• Salutes: 27
    • [IISC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 10:31:35 am »
I was in a 3v3 game yesterday and everyone wanted to do Raid. That was good fun.

For a 4v4, you might be able to do a crew form with 4 captains and then let matchmaking do the rest. Not saying it's going to be a good game though. Not only are you going to, in all likelihood, have an odd mix of unresponsive low-levels, but you also won't have enough time in the timed-lobbies to even coordinate with other captains, let alone those unresponsive crew-members.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:44:03 am »
they've gone the way of resource race :P

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 02:22:18 pm »
I was in a 3v3 game yesterday and everyone wanted to do Raid. That was good fun.

For a 4v4, you might be able to do a crew form with 4 captains and then let matchmaking do the rest. Not saying it's going to be a good game though. Not only are you going to, in all likelihood, have an odd mix of unresponsive low-levels, but you also won't have enough time in the timed-lobbies to even coordinate with other captains, let alone those unresponsive crew-members.

Can't you not open a 3v3 or 4v4 to the queue without a crapton of people already in the lobby?

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 02:36:00 pm »
they've gone the way of resource race :P

Right o0 I didn't even notice that was gone.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 04:01:17 pm »
Friday I got put in a 3v3, the last match was Crazy King.  it's not quite dead yet.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 04:20:36 pm »
...I for one, think matchmaking lobbies should have been the replacement to quick join ("Quick Play") and the standard, tried-and-true match list and lobby system should have been kept in, as a standard play function. That way, those people who don't give half a damn about the community would have had their way to play, while the more experienced and more community-oriented players could have had the more social, community-oriented way to play.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 06:20:25 pm »
...I for one, think matchmaking lobbies should have been the replacement to quick join ("Quick Play") and the standard, tried-and-true match list and lobby system should have been kept in, as a standard play function. That way, those people who don't give half a damn about the community would have had their way to play, while the more experienced and more community-oriented players could have had the more social, community-oriented way to play.

I tried to argue this but they insisted they couldn't get around the performance hit the lobby list caused. Yeah this is what quick join should have been. So because quick join was a nightmare and created problems, we got them to remove that. But now they flip flopped and killed the list. I really am curious to see their user numbers. Sure they'll be up for the moment due to the patch but after that, maybe we'll have a return to January 2013 where you'd log on and find 10 people playing :D.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 07:25:20 pm »
I really am curious to see their user numbers. Sure they'll be up for the moment due to the patch but after that, maybe we'll have a return to January 2013 where you'd log on and find 10 people playing :D.

That's sadly accurate prediction I think. Maybe sometimes you gotta learn things the hard way...

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 10:53:28 pm »
Hmm... Shall we push for the day-by-day statistics? Personally, a spreadsheet or even a number dump would useful. If I get the raw numbers, I can organize them into a graph that people can understand more easily.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 09:27:59 am »
Nah. We'll wait month or two and Steam stats will show this. For instance I used to play like every day at least one hour and now I'm kinda like "I'll hop in two-three times in a week for an hour... if matches are good.... but they usually aren't"

Edit: But then again there will be Steam sale for GOIO soon. I guess time will show.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 11:31:04 am »
I have played more 3v3's since matchmaking started than I have in the same time period before matchmaking.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:52 am »
yesterday i got matchmade into a 4v4!

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 10:41:42 pm »
I have played more 3v3's since matchmaking started than I have in the same time period before matchmaking.

yeah, ditto.  and too much Crazy King for my liking ><