Author Topic: Signs of Addiction  (Read 25081 times)

Offline JmoolZZ

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Signs of Addiction
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 08:55:12 pm »
Hello my name is JmoolZZ and I am an addict.

Got this game when it first came out, thought it was the coolest thing ever.  :) But then I got hooked on a couple other video games, and now I am back on here and ready for more. Addicted to this game now, and probably will be for a very loooong time.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 08:11:54 am »
I'm Plasma, and I think I'm an addict.

It started off small. I'd only play with my friends, and not really talk to the 'randos' on the interwebz.

Then I started being not terrible. Then I found the forums.
I think I've played more than I've worked this week. I've gone from a meager 60 hours, to 90 hours in the space of 5 days. Not even sure how that physically fits together.

And now that I've met so many cool folks, I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:58 am »
Hi I'm Gilder and I'm not an addict...I'M A SUPER ADDICT!!!

I drive my Subi and constantly think about putting a custom plate frame on the back that reads "I'd rather be Piloting" "Guns of Icarus Online"

Or have a custom bumper sticker which reads, my other airship is a Squid.

Wish I had a tar barrel option for tail gaters

I work on stories I someday hope to publish and during them Guns related fanfiction ideas dances in my head. Gilder tar barrels a wedding in it...du hu hu

I've successfully gotten at least 2 ships worth of guildies in my SWTOR guild to buy the game....am annoyed only 1 seems to be getting hooked by it.

Ideas of constructing a full scale replica of a Squid pass through my mind now and then.

Recommended Bioware add a ship to ship PVP battle similar to Guns for their Makeb Stormcarrier part. They didn't listen...

Find myself missing pilots and crew members I don't get to play against anymore. As if they were shot down in some far away battle and have gone missing...

Day dream of commanding an entire attack wing of Squids then descending upon helpless galleons to the cry of SHINRYAKU!!!!!!

Created iTunes playlists specifically for this game. Lot of songs from Sky Captain and Skies of Arcadia.

Was 2nd or 3rd to hit level 11 Pilot...was surprised by that one

Turned down 3 recruitment attempts and formed a clan with Brick. I haven't joined clans in any other game outside of guilds in MMOs. Not since UT99 days.

Go into spectator on matches and instead of watching the battle. Fly around looking for new routes or places I haven't had time to scout due to battles

Ummm...the list keeps going...

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:00 pm »
I used to be an engineer, but then I took a Lumberjack to the face...and a hwatcha volley to the everything else...

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:13 pm »
Hi guys my name is Masx and Im a former addict.  During beta I was jobless and had tons of free time so I found this
Cool game called goio. Man this game had every  you can shoot fly 2 of my favorite things two do in video games.
Once I got started I couldn't stop I played and played I would have all types of weird loadouts. IM close to 2800 matches.
IM currently few hours clean and games,like streetfighter2 help me threw the hard times

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 03:30:42 pm »
Hello everyone.
My name is Mattisamo, and I am an addict.
I play to much and don't look for jobs as I should.
When I don't play, I think about GoiO, and how to best help the interests of the Gentlemen.

Offline Hester Randall

• Salutes: 4
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 10:39:53 am »
Hello everyone, I'm Hester. And I'm an addict.

I'm currently sat at work thinking about going home to my new kitty and the training evening with my favourite guys, the Gents.

<3 this community so much, more than any other game community I have come across. So I'm okay with being addicted lol :P

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 11:52:36 pm »
That moment your computer/tv/ac/other stuff stops working so you hit it with a wrench...
That moment you whack your computer with a hammer in an attempt to speed it up...

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »
That moment your computer/tv/ac/other stuff stops working so you hit it with a wrench...
That moment you whack your computer with a hammer in an attempt to speed it up...

Wrong thread? :P

Offline Plasmarobo

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 07:38:21 am »

Wrong thread? :P
Sign you're addicted: "Engineering" spills into life!

Offline Zenark

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 12:24:07 pm »
My name is Zen, and I'm addicted to piloting airships.

I've been in multiple hit and run accidents since I started using...I pick up random strangers and force them to work for me and my ship. I've been recently flying different types of ships... Squids, Galleons, even Pyramidions.

I think my addiction is hurting people... Like those people I fly into.

I've tried quitting... But I find myself gunning and engineering instead... These are horrible addictions.... I need help

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 01:10:36 pm »
I love that this thread is still alive.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »
I'm N-Sunderland, and I'm addicted to ramming.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »
I am HamsterIV and I am addicted to the pyramidion trifecta. Last night I took over a ship of AI and forced them to trifecta by pressing F2. Their aim was horrible and I verbally chastised them for not bringing heavy clip. I didn't care nobody was repairing the hull I just wanted to hear the Dakka Dakka Dakka. Some times I bring three Gatling guns just to hear the sound of all of them shooting at once. One day I will bring 4, one day I will introduce the quadfecta into the meta. Fear me! Pity me!

Offline Plasmarobo

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »
Manta ray: Possible quinfecta.

But guys, last night I dreamed in Guns...
It was terrible, nobody would listen to my commands, and every gun was turned into the ship.
I'm having GoI nightmares...