Author Topic: GoI:O on Playstation  (Read 41004 times)

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: GoI:O on Playstation
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »
I think the coolest thing about it is the use of steam on playstation can be used for cross platform play

^ this

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »
Steam on PS? I don't have a playstation but that sounds cool.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 11:32:45 pm »
Hello there! My sources (Howard) have answers to many of the questions you folks have posted. However, in the interests of not miscommunicating the specifics, I think it best if we leave it to the Muse team to give us the full details if and when they want to. Speaking of which, these questions will most likely be answered in the Fireside Chat this week, so adding your questions to the appropriate thread would be a good idea.

Cheers, and look forward to the Chat!

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 02:23:25 am »
Also from my side, Congrats to yall and it's really cool to see you guys up there together with so many great indy developers. Keep the way you are!

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 02:26:47 am »
Also like Wazulu said, ask all your questions to muse in

Dev Fireside Chat

^^^^cliky^^^

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 03:21:27 am »
One of the main things I'm concerned about, is how it will change the community. The PS4 player base is huge and has a higher frequency of people being jerks. Muse is gonna have to implement some huge anti-trolling strategies.

This...totally this...KICK FEATURE ASAP!!!

No.

You'll be saying the opposite when the Coddies attack in force. We already get some spill over of bottom feeders right now but when you suddenly have a massive console community...its like Zombieland except you can't double tap and the Twinkies are all gone!!

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:38 am »
Super excited for this, it's a huge opportunity for Muse and I'm looking forward to watching the community grow. Definitely great news that it'll be cross-platform with the PC version, wouldn't want to divide the community.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 11:07:52 am »
One of the main things I'm concerned about, is how it will change the community. The PS4 player base is huge and has a higher frequency of people being jerks. Muse is gonna have to implement some huge anti-trolling strategies.

No.

You'll be saying the opposite when the Coddies attack in force. We already get some spill over of bottom feeders right now but when you suddenly have a massive console community...its like Zombieland except you can't double tap and the Twinkies are all gone!!

Wow. I see we're all super optimistic.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:15:12 am by Keon »

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 11:21:28 am »
I'm both looking forward to and dreading this. In my experience, console players (especially with the PS3) are less likely to own a mic. I guess this explains why the command wheel voice chat simulator (TM) thing is being made.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 04:44:05 pm »

No.

More or less concerned.....

But we've gone through waves of CoDYOLOSwaggins before...
This one is just going to be the boss wave in comparison....

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2013, 04:48:33 pm »
Boss wave?

This should help us hold out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcGX9zO1u8

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2013, 05:12:52 pm »

No.

I'm not saying this is a bad move for Guns, I'm just saying...I canceled my XBL sub for one reason, these types of players. Things got worse and worse and it started to cross over into other games. Went from a rare moment of seeing one of these players every now and then, to it being every match played filled with them. We are going to need a plan to deal with them set in advance or the community is just going to be ripped up.

Now the only good thing I can say about it is, PSN gamers did not garner the level of notoriety in this area as XBL gamers. Honestly never used my PS3 for multiplayer but I had a lot of friends who were cross platform players and they said they noticed the difference. With M$ bumbling Xbone we could be seeing a shift towards PS4 so that could completely change things.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »
Of course, one thing you need to consider is, would the kind of players that we all dread tainting the community even be interested in playing GoI in the first place?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 07:15:56 pm »
Even if the that type of player were to play GOI they don't stick around for long. Better yet Muse has their money which they can spend making better content for the rest of us. Recently there was a thread stating the 250000th user account was created. How many of those people played GOI found it not to their liking and left? They might post a "This game needs boarding so it can be more like COD" but the impact they have on the community is negligible.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »
Of course, one thing you need to consider is, would the kind of players that we all dread tainting the community even be interested in playing GoI in the first place?

^this.  you guys and gals seem to be freakin out about the stereotypical "CoD player" ruining the community. but the kinds of people that will be interested in guns of icarus are not those people. now the odd "CoD player" will probably pick up the game and thats great. but people not interested in co-op play will not stick with a co-op game.