Author Topic: Cog Chronicles II  (Read 14214 times)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Cog Chronicles II
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 02:55:58 am »
Hey, remember when I was good about keeping this updated? My bad. However, with the lack of stunning visual graphic from the ones in charge, I once again update my prezi!

http://prezi.com/orftg7-lyfzq/cogs-layout/

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:59:08 am by Sammy B. T. »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 03:31:53 am »
Week 5 is now put into the Prezi. I will add the match page as soon as we get the maps. We are getting 4 matches this week all of which should be fantastic.

The first match will see the Gentleguard (A Gentleman team) face off against the Semenovskiy Flot. Doing some google detective work I am assuming they are a Russian team. Semenovskiy was a title to one of the oldest Imperial Russian Army guard regiments. Flot I am fairly sure is just the anglicized spelling of флот meaning fleet. The Gentlemen are one of the most established clans in this game but we all know the havoc newcomer Russians bring to Cogs lest we forget about the rise of the Polaris Company.

The winner of that match will go on to fight the Pastafarians. PaFa has sadly been sticking in the slow rotation of the Upcomers Cogs ever since week 1. Hopefully the time off hasn't rusted their skills too much so that they can give a good match to winner of the Newcomers Proving Ground.

For the entry match for the Challengers Cog we see the Zill's Merry Men face off against The Raft (a Duck team). The equally famous and infamous Zill along with his Merry Men have been wracking up an impressive competitive streak, not just in the Cogs but also taking the 1st place spot for Urz's "We hate field trips" mini rumble. Blocking them from entry to the Challengers Cog is the Raft, a brawly team of Ducks. During their attempt at dethroning the Paddling they were able to apply the pressure and nearly pulled out a win against the reigning champs. With loss meaning falling into the upcomer's rotation, neither team can afford to leave anything on the field or in the skies.

Lastly we have the Black Flight Squadron facing off against the Paddling (The original Duck team). BFS finds themselves in the same position they found themselves in Week 2 of the Cogs. Fresh off a win against the Flying Dutchmen using an unorthodox mine strategy, BFS is looking to turn in their experience fighting Ducks and hoping to cash out a win. However,  sitting on the throne they have held for months, the Paddling has no intention of abdication. The Paddling bring with them weeks of experience playing in the highest skilled competitive play Guns of Icarus online has to offer. Truly this match will see some of the best crews fly on some of the most tactically flown ships.

Welcome to Cogs 5

You know, originally I was just going to write down my findings on our new Russian friends. That kind of snowballed...

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 03:51:50 am »
I like the cut o' your jib, Sammy.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 09:39:06 am »
I really love those match descriptions. Whoever's casting should steal it as an epic introduction to each match.