Author Topic: Pyra being op?  (Read 111410 times)

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Pyra being op?
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:37 am »
From my knowledge they are not specifically making disabling better, but outright killing harder.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2013, 11:00:31 am »
the current lumberjack

Well, it IS the most powerful gun in the game at the moment in terms of both disabling and armor breaking.

Sure not overpowered, but it is kinda broken, very slightly to warrant any significant changes though.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2013, 11:06:19 am »
the current lumberjack

Well, it IS the most powerful gun in the game at the moment in terms of both disabling and armor breaking.

Sure not overpowered, but it is kinda broken, very slightly to warrant any significant changes though.
It's also not quite the easiest gun to hit with and pilot for.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2013, 11:29:07 am »

Hitting with it depents on the range, usually closer range hits are very easy, especially with Lesmok. Hitting consistently at ranges further than 1500 meters is a competitive only issue which shouldn't be affecting the gun's balance in the first place.

Piloting for it only requires understanding the basic concept of sniping:

1. Park ship.
2.????
3. Profit if your gunner can aim.

Though we are derailing a bit. Sorry ^^'

EDIT: 4. No twitching around for no reason.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:17 am »

Hitting with it depents on the range, usually closer range hits are very easy, especially with Lesmok. Hitting consistently at ranges further than 1500 meters is a competitive only issue which shouldn't be affecting the gun's balance in the first place.

Piloting for it only requires understanding the basic concept of sniping:

1. Park ship.
2.????
3. Profit if your gunner can aim.

Though we are derailing a bit. Sorry ^^'
You'd think it was that easy, but it's much easier said than done. I personally cannot hit the broad side of a barn with the lumber, no idea why. But yeah, I guess this belongs more in the guns balance thread or something.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2013, 12:05:11 pm »
In a one on one the disabler may be outclassed, however in organized team play the disabler is fantastic. My twin carronade Junker can efficiently kill a balloon and take out a few engines in at least two volleys and then rise to attack the other ship with my partner

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2013, 12:12:41 pm »
In a one on one the disabler may be outclassed, however in organized team play the disabler is fantastic. My twin carronade Junker can efficiently kill a balloon and take out a few engines in at least two volleys and then rise to attack the other ship with my partner

We are talking about ships that are mostly focused on disabling, like the Goldfish, Squid in most cases as well and the Spire. ( I think at least.. )

The Junker can fill both the role of a disabler and a killer at once while these ships usually will have to focus on one over the other.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2013, 12:14:58 pm »
As I continue to fly against nothing but metas, I grow increasingly tired of piloting at all, which is depressing since it's my favorite thing to do.

The way I have fun on GoIO is by trying bizarre builds and finding which ones are fun to use. Ships like mortar/flamer Squid, mining Junker, dual flamer Pyra, carronade Junker, and many more odd setups. When the enemy team is nothing but meta Pyramidions and Junkers, I can't fly these fun builds of mine, otherwise it's an almost guaranteed loss.  Instead, I have to switch to a meta or one of my counter ships which aren't as fun.

Now, I'd be fine if I only had to do it every once in awhile, but it's every match. Every. Single. One. The Pyramidion is not overpowered, the gat/mortar Pyramidion is.

I love a good fight, and I don't mind losing in one of those. I could fly my fun builds against the metas, but losing isn't fun in these fights. Its a one-sided steamrolling.

Guns of Icarus should be about customizing your ship to find interesting combos that work, as well as good teamwork and communication. Instead, it's whoever can pilot the metamidion better. Its almost as if the Pyra shouldn't be customizable since everyone uses the same damn thing.

What is Zenark's playing experience in GoIO? Countering metas. This is all I ever do anymore. I can't DO anything else. I don't fly against skilled pilots with unique ideas. I fly against skilled pilots with NO originality whatsoever. These pilots are boring to fight against, alongside, and to play as one of their crew members.

I don't know if these pilots are just so bad that they can't fly anything else, or are focused on nothing but winning; I'm going to assume the former. Note that I say this about pubs, and competitive play.

I realize, at this moment, there's nothing I can do about it. I'll just jump on a Cake ship, fight against the metas, and force a fake, metaphorical smile.

Good game.
Happy birthday.

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2013, 12:43:18 pm »
Another nagging from a pilot who does not know how to play the meta(or does not have crew, that good enough), and uses a cheap excuse in the form of *unique and interesting builds.*
I'll just jump on a Frogger ship, fight against the hypocritical *originality*, and and truly, sincerely smile.

Nice try.
Happy new year!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:45:26 pm by Xemko »

Offline Zenark

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »
I don't enjoy flying meta, it's all I did in my early days of  flying. I'll only fly it nowadays when an ally asks or I want to prove a point.

It's cool that you can crew on a meta, good for you. I'm glad you can enjoy it. I don't, and that's my opinion. Do not accuse me of being a bad pilot or insult my clan because I prefer different builds.

Offline Frogger

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2013, 12:55:41 pm »
It's fun blowing ppl up in 4 seconds :D

• [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2013, 12:58:29 pm »
NO originality whatsoever
these pilots are just so bad
Judge not, that ye be not judged
where did i exactly insult ur clan?
lol, Do not accuse us of being a bad and boring pilots, only cause we are prefer different builds.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:03:20 pm by Xemko »

Offline Zenark

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2013, 01:06:23 pm »
NO originality whatsoever
these pilots are just so bad
Judge not, that ye be not judged
where did i exactly insult ur clan?

Did I point at anyone specifically? No. But you directed your negativity towards me and those I fly worth, ie.  My clan.

I'm not going to turn this into a flame war (Cake clan, flames, lol) I posted my opinion, let's discuss, not point fingers.

It's fun blowing ppl up in 4 seconds :D

Agreed, as long as there's at least some challenge behind it.  I love close calls.

• [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »
U were talking about pilots, that are flying gat/mortar meta. Hm, wait, a lot of ppl flying it (Frogger, Smollet and etc), every clan?:D
I'm not going to turn this into a flame war (flames, lol, indeed), because there is nothing to discuss about, there are only opinions here.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2013, 01:19:20 pm »
Our clan doesn't, don't lump us in with you guys, even if a lot of the people in other clans are pretty cool. ANYWAYS. Pyra OP nerf pls, discuss.