Author Topic: Mobula builds  (Read 42074 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Mobula builds
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2015, 08:31:19 pm »
The key is that with triple banshee you're doing very little real damage until their armor breaks. Fires are only disabling when combined with piercing, flechette, or shatter damage. If you're wary about your engis experience with chem, direct them. It's simple when you're not taking real damage. You can sit and get shot all day without getting hurt.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »
Name ONE engi that perfectly keep up chem/repair with at least 3 Banshees firing at once for the entire time it would take for the gunners and captain to kill the enemy ship.

Each chem let's you use two subsequent mallets on a component. Two competent engineers can keep all important components chemmed indefinitely while the triple banshee fails to do any significant damage. It only works against scrubs, but when it does it can be very effective. It's not much different from using one flamethrower except more fun and less effective.

So yeah any competent engi can keep all their components chemmed 100% of the time under triple banshee because very little damage is actually being dealt. Add in shatter, piercing, or flechette damage and chems are another story. Hades double banshee is far more effective than just 3x banshee.

And where could I find a competant engi?  Any I've had melt under that assault.

Not sure whether that's pity, crying over me mispelling competent, or because I've had you engi on my ship and don't remember.

And Pies, how would I do that?  Let them know about chem/mallet x2/chem?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 05:20:48 am »
Well for example, one of the most complicated chem cycles is on a spire. Let's say you have hades top and artemis bottom. Every two or three hades reloads (depending how long it takes to shoot a clip) tell them to chem hull. When they go chem hop on the hades and finish reload (hope you brought lesmok). Use your wrench to repair damage.

When chemming/ doing anything in the game tell them to click as fast as possible. For the bottom they chem the heavy gun on first reload. On the next reload they chem balloon. This is being on the safe side, and of course everyone will be chemming their own gun every reload. Repeat until the triple banshee is overwhelmed.

Again, this is one of the most advanced chem cycles and is based on the gun reload times/time to empty clip. It's much simpler on junkers, pyras, and fish. Fish and pyra are easy as could be and very self explanatory. So if you're at all worried bring fish or pyra and explain the simple cycle. Most players get it and won't need reminders.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:23:19 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2015, 09:23:24 pm »
From what I understand, and my limited experience, chems can only be interrupted by rebuilds. As long as you don't have to stand rebuilding with the spanner there is very little chance of anything catching fire, only exception maybe the squid because, really, who needs two main engines Cap? when something catches fire 90% of the times is because the engi is focused on firing and the situation allows for a couple of stacks.

Doing the math, you can pull +/- 500 hp in chem time on most ships, not considering spanner hits but only mallet hence it takes more than 3 banshees focused on a single component to take anything down.