Author Topic: Best Munker Moments and Strategies  (Read 9489 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Best Munker Moments and Strategies
« on: March 23, 2015, 11:33:00 am »
Exactly as title says. Post your favourite/most liked strategy on a Munker, or some of your best moments on a Munker.

Best Moment: I was a Munker captain, and I'd had this great crew and we'd been on a winning streak. One of them sadly had to leave, and a level 7-9 engineer joined (Forgot his exact level, but it was under two digits). He's doubtfull of the godly Munker at first. Once we get in the battle (3v3) Me and my teammates proceed to die until the scores are 3-0. I then tell my level 7 engineer to fire the mines when he can, as I'd already said before. He responds with "Or maybe we should take a better ship", the nub.

We then continue to stomp the enemy with no more deaths, and win. GG

Also my favourite strategy would easily be just knocking them up a bit with mines, then staying behind them and telling my crew to knock the enemy back and forth, not letting them turn around.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Best Munker Moments and Strategies
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 11:35:38 am »
Step 1: Fly a munker

Step 2: Achieve eternal joy via mines

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 11:40:18 am »
Put mines on all the ships. You won't regret it.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:42:23 am »
Captain as an engineer on my munker, random gunner on my ship calls "Enemy sighted astern"
I'm carrying lochnagar as my ammo, I look behind, its a squid, I chem the balloon and jump off the helm in full forward, load loch into the mine on upper left and aim up, shooting based entirely on the assumption they would go on our left side at the same height as us and would over shoot us rather than stay out of our gun arcs I shoot the mine and run back to balloon (because carronade damaged us by now, and yes, the squid overshot his approach! Boom loch mine!
I jump onto helm and before I can turn the guns back into arc out ally pops in a heavy flak loch and just like a cilit bang advert, the squid was gone.

Though you remind me I have the mine achievement still to achieve, I need to squid mine and munker more 8)

Edit: Waiting for Ightrill to link the 360 spin using mine launcher, the poor fish didn't stand a chance.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:52:34 am by Kamoba »

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »
30 seconds into my first munker game

"so, which side are we again?"

fires loch mine anyway on a ship

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 12:32:08 pm »
Fires Loch mine towards charging mobula. Mobula hits mine and dies. mine explosion kills us too.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 12:46:58 pm »
Fires Loch mine towards charging mobula. Mobula hits mine and dies. mine explosion kills us too.

Slow clap

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 03:32:01 pm »
Edit: Waiting for Ightrill to link the 360 spin using mine launcher, the poor fish didn't stand a chance.

You mean this?
Can't forget the cage either.

The best mine strategy is mines everywhere though. Everywhere.
Always great seeing people learn the joy of Munkers though, especially if they initially had doubts.

Personally I like having a couple of carronades on my starboard side, if I'm in a tricky situation I can quickly drop an enemy ship and focus on the other. Also they help me avoid constantly changing which side of the ship my crew is mining from, making it a bit easier for them to be able to focus on just shooting one set of guns. Certainly nothing to do with me getting shouted at if I decide to use the other side or anything.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 03:57:46 pm »
Oh man, that spinning goldfish is poetry in motion

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »
When you sit in the middle of Scrap alone for the entirety of 600+ points and both teams refuse to come anywhere near it after the first failed charge. Half the crews have raged and those left don't care anymore, it's just a deathmatch with dirt to them.

But if you want combat theory: Here

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:34:56 pm »
Group of trolls join a vet game. The troll's ally swaps to munker and proceeds to discipline them while the enemy fleet (which I was part of) sits back and watches the fire works.

Best kill of the match: The troll's balloon gets popped and they are sitting on the ground. Munker makes a mine roof above them. I see in global chat "Don't go up or we are dead" from the troll ship. 6th mine leaves the launcher and the ship evaporates.