Author Topic: Just a bragging/this game is awesome moment  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Atelus

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Just a bragging/this game is awesome moment
« on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »
I've been playing GoI for a while but I took a break for a bit, kind of got nabbed on it again recently and I honestly can't figure out why I stopped playing.

I've played a ton of games since I came back a few days ago and just wanted to share my little moment with how amazing the teamwork aspects of this game get. I jumped into a nice little 2v2 DM, wanting to work on the Fighting Fish achievement for my Pilot levels and break out my Goldfish (Blenderfish, Hellhound front with a mortar and an artemis for the sides). Wasn't normally a huge Goldfish fan, they're fun but I liked my Pyramid and Junker too much to switch too often, but this set of games totally spun me around on how awesome this ship is.

I had a great, responsive crew, and I want to thank Hillerton for being an awesome co-captain on his Junker, we talked absolutely constantly and knew exactly how we were going to handle the fights; I set em up, he knocks em down. I went bloodthirsty for balloons for four victories in a row. Started every fight by getting in first and just laying down Hellhound fire all over whoever we opted to target, mostly the hapless Pyramidion involved in all four games, knock out a balloon and cleanly sweep his engines while the Junker got in and laid down massive mortar fire. Only trouble we had was in a couple of the games, a guy ran a Mobule with a mess of Artemis' on the front and really gave us hell, but constant communication with the other captain and my crew made sure we all knew what we were doing and we were able to pull a win twice with some difficulty.

Just my little "coming back to the game" experience, loving where everything is at, I feel like it plays so much smoother and more balanced than back when I played in early beta, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know the community. Thanks everybody!

-Atelus

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Just a bragging/this game is awesome moment
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »
Is the signing off at the end really necessary, i mean, it's not a letter, it's- ah, I'm just being pedantic.

I'm glad you enjoy the game so much and hope to see you more in the skies.

Offline Atelus

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Just a bragging/this game is awesome moment
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »
Its not necessary, kind of a habit I got into when I ran a League of Legends community a bit back for the first post on a new topic. Kind of hadn't thought about it until now.. haha