Author Topic: The PastaFarians  (Read 36828 times)

Offline Gorath

• Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: The PastaFarians
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 03:30:20 am »
I must say, my gut feeling was that the Whalers would take it, but Zwaene's return seemed to make all the difference. The Pastafarians are well and truly back. Congrats on that great victory, guys.

It did make all the difference. Zwaene is an integral part of the group for two reasons:

1: He and Falco communicate best with eachother as captains because they speak to eachother in some strange, gutteral, secret language that they are both affluent in and I think it's at least twice as fast as english or something.
2: His catchphrase of "S**T F**K MOTHERF****ER" (he resorts to this even when speaking flemish) stirs the whole team into action immediately, and he has his crew trained like Pavlov's dogs to react on that command. It's like a secondary buff. We just couldn't adapt right away to our replacement pilot's, Candlehax, curses; they're much more specific and flavorful. They also tend to last longer. Like... minutes at a time. Really an earful. Very entertaining though. We need to find out where he went so we can make him do commentary.

We much appreciate the support guys, thanks a lot =) I personally appreciate the kind words, Morblitz. It's not easy contending against the best, but we try. All we really want is more play time with the top performers and couldn't accept being knocked out of the ranks today, so we were fighting hard.

I also thank Coldcurse for nudging a secret ship into the match at the very last moment without giving us time to react to the change, allowing us to test our true versatility. Very sneaky. I urge that Coldcurse should, on his next attempt to prove that a weapon or build he is employing is far too OP to be allowed, not test theories against PaFa on the match that will keep us in the rankings. I don't think anyone was swayed by the power of the artemis in this case. I do, however, feel that the current buff to the artemis was unnecessary.

Sammy B. T.'s support in today's match was really, really helpful. He deserves a big thank-you for filling in for our mysteriously vacant team member. I think Zwaene is baking him a cake now.

I also want to remind any hopefuls that we are still recruiting for replacement members! Yarr poopdeck!

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 06:08:10 pm »
Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene Zwaene ZWWWAENEEEEEEEEE

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 09:25:50 pm »
Thanks for the great match today, guys. From the start to the finish it was impossibly close, Pyra after Pyra falling to gatflak/mortar. We really thought we had you, but you guys did a great job of turning it around. I have to say that I'm really frustrated with how we fell apart once you guys got the point, but there's no point in dwelling on it. In the end, you guys did better, and deserved the victory. Best of luck for next week :)

Offline Capt. Falco

• Salutes: 5
    • [PaFa]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 10:46:57 am »
Thanks for the great match today, guys. From the start to the finish it was impossibly close, Pyra after Pyra falling to gatflak/mortar. We really thought we had you, but you guys did a great job of turning it around. I have to say that I'm really frustrated with how we fell apart once you guys got the point, but there's no point in dwelling on it. In the end, you guys did better, and deserved the victory. Best of luck for next week :)

One of the best matches we've played N-Sunderland.
I was actually annoyed that it was the Labyrinth because it's not a 'real deatmatch', but in the end it proved to be the most fun we had on a Cogs match :D

Offline Homesick

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 12:20:30 am »
Hello my loves! As you guys have been the one teaching me the basics in guns of icarus (which i appreciate very much) i think that you should consider training me even more, and take me into your team so that i can make man-love to Flynn and Swaene everyday!

Offline Gorath

• Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 06:36:54 pm »
Hello my loves! As you guys have been the one teaching me the basics in guns of icarus (which i appreciate very much) i think that you should consider training me even more, and take me into your team so that i can make man-love to Flynn and Swaene everyday!

Absolutely. I might livestream the event. All of it.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »
Great matches today. I can't believe how close that was. You guys were awesome opponents, it's really too bad that wasn't the final.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Flynn, you didn't specify who that match had to be 5-0 for. I want to see you eat a cactus now :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:00:50 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline zwaene

• Salutes: 3
    • [PaFa]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 12:05:02 pm »
Any skilled hopefuls who possess a deep love of this game and want to play in a clan: PaFa REALLY needs crew right now! We are taking on Gunners, Engies, and Pilots!

WE ARE BACK!

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 01:03:45 am »
Is PaFa still going on? You guys rock.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 01:13:01 am »
Yep, they were in Cogs last weekend, defeating the Gents 5-4. They'll be playing against The Brood in Cogs Week 6.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 01:24:08 am »
Yep, they were in Cogs last weekend, defeating the Gents 5-4. They'll be playing against The Brood in Cogs Week 6.

(sheesh it was rhetorical just trying to bump their thread in a way that doesn't sound so obvious :P)

Just kidding. But I do know you guys are still active.