Author Topic: Lumber jack nerf or terrain damage nerf  (Read 17994 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Lumber jack nerf or terrain damage nerf
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 11:35:33 am »
You can't separate the map from weapons.  If there was no terrain then people would only take mercs.

Beat me to it.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 11:54:58 am »
You can't separate the map from weapons.  If there was no terrain then people would only take mercs.

People already take a lot of mercs, regardless of map with very few exceptions, unless I'm blind and can't recognize merc fire from something else, as far as I am aware your average meta-Junker or meta-Pyra will have at least 2.

Talking about comp (aka serious business) mostly of course. In pubs people tend to forego mercuries unless they are realy trying very hard or they realy want a weapon down.

Anyway, the initial comment was supposed to be a joke anyway, Mercuries don't counter everything, but as I have stated in other threads and especially you Zill and Smollett should already be aware that I don't think that weapon is okay in any way other than the disabling ability it has, I do not agree in the least with the fact that you can win by just spamming the same (note: 'same') weapon if the enemy has no nearby cover and if not win, you will severely damage them due to how easy this weapon is to aim for the ship itself and the very nature of ships having predictable movement.

Opinion of course.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 12:01:38 pm »
Yea we won't delve back into another merc discussion in this thread anyway.

The separation of map and weapon though is still pertinent to the LJ, more so than a merc because of its arcs and slow projectile.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 12:05:04 pm »
Yea we won't delve back into another merc discussion in this thread anyway.

The separation of map and weapon though is still pertinent to the LJ, more so than a merc because of its arcs and slow projectile.

Now that I can agree with fully.

Offline Cowboy Spike Spiegel

• Salutes: 4
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 06:09:39 pm »
The lumberjack is a hard weapon to get a handle on unless you have an experienced gunner. So honestly to hit at far ranges ain't easy, if you just move around a bit and use evasive maneuvers and cover, you can easily get around it.  Sure it's a very strong weapon, but yeah. Also the Lumberjack has the arming time which makes it hardly effective at close ranges making a brawl to them equal hell.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 07:01:15 pm »
It doesn't need a nerf, what needs a nerf is lochnagar. It is far too powerful now when it completely removes all restrictions on the jack/flak.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:02 am »
Lochnagar more or less has the same arming time reduction that incendiary used to.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 05:01:08 am »
I'm just going to say it's standard practice to stay away from the front of a gold fish as that is its main damage dealer most of the time (IE: Flak Fish, Lumber Fish, Hwacha Fish, Carronade Fish, etc.) As for the lumber jack, as said before, the arming time is exploitable, if you can get in close enough it will do little damage, best of all as I've already said attempt to avoid the front of the Gold fish at all costs.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 03:05:00 pm »
Lochnagar more or less has the same arming time reduction that incendiary used to.

Having hard time calculating it.

But it definitely shoots as close as old incendiary did.

I'm either calculating either 132 meters min, or 88 meters min...

Hard to try to tack the -60% arming time right...but if 50% was 110...then I guess 60% would be more around 100 meters...