Author Topic: MLP Hate?  (Read 10982 times)

Offline timmymonsta

• Salutes: 16
    • [BSSN]
    • View Profile
MLP Hate?
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:58 am »
Now I understand that they aren't the most liked people on the planet, but last night I simply mentioned something about ponies and half the lobby burst into immediate hate with one going as far as to calling them "sick perverts". While I don't quite classify myself as a "brony", I do enjoy the show's values and much of the community's creations that branch out from it. Now I'm just wondering if this type of thought was just a random happening or is this really what most people think? I'll be honest I almost wanted to quit that match because of the things that were being said.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: MLP Hate?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:37 am »
Ok... Maybe two people laughed (not even?), and one troll wouldn't shut up about how they were "perverts". That's the way I remember it. Didn't seem like a big deal. Trolls will be trolls.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:36:43 am »
Someone brought up ponies in the Introduction (?) thread.

You can see how the better half of the community responds there.

Offline timmymonsta

• Salutes: 16
    • [BSSN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:38:54 am »
Sorry, maybe I did over-react a little. I just get a bit aggrivated when terms like that get thrown around.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:41:10 am »
As said, trolls will be trolls. The internet spits out a lot of random things, and they happen to be one of them.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:08:55 pm »
Yeah, sadly ponies have almost become such a controversial topic as for example religion or politics, and the internet is filled with fanatics on both sides. Bronies that'll "preach" the message anywhere they go, and "haters" that'll go nuts as fast as the word is simply uttered. The only thing you can do really is, as said, to ignore it and to keep to more open minded individuals that like or doesn't like it, but on the other hand don't go crazy over people with the opposing idea.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »
There are always people who smack talk in lobby/mid game. Thankfully between Muse's policing of the community, and the community's low tolerance for a-holes, such people tend to leave the game or modify their behavior fairly quickly.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »
I personally think it's stupid, but I don't think anyone's a pervert for liking a show. I certainly enjoy my fair share of things that other people think are stupid.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 06:39:42 pm »
I just think it horrid there are people who do get their kicks from let-us-not-think-of activities circling around ponies. I've watched the series myself, and I genuinely like it for being an excellent kids-cartoon with a positive attitude towards difficulties and that they can be overcome. Too many kid cartoons seem to be about doing stupid stuff with stupid drawing style and shallow, if not idiotically black-and-white, characters. MLP:FIM is a show I will gladly recommend for people looking for a cartoon for their kids.
I dislike the fact there are people who mar and blacken the reputation of the show as a whole because there are some too-enthusiastic bronies and perverts out there. What the hell, seriously? Like hating all ice cream because there's chocolate flavour somewhere.

Tl;dr: MLP is a good series, something that's been missing for a while, but both sides in the opinion-field have idiots.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 06:53:28 pm »
I think about it the same way I do about say, religion: If you like it, great, fantastic, I'm glad it works for you, but don't get all up in my face about it.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:58:25 pm »
I think about it the same way I do about say, religion: If you like it, great, fantastic, I'm glad it works for you, but don't get all up in my face about it.
Like pretty much everything in life. I dislike sports, for example, and hate people who rub that stuff against my face and never understand that I DO NOT CARE!!! *raeg*

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »
Like pretty much everything in life. I dislike sports, for example, and hate people who rub that stuff against my face and never understand that I DO NOT CARE!!! *raeg*
On the flip side, I hate people who, whenever sports are remotely mentioned, freak out and start yelling about how you should shut up because they don't care about sports (this is, of course, talking about a group chat setting) :P

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 08:20:31 pm »

Precisely. I won't get all in people's faces about being atheist, so I appreciate if they act similarly with regards to their beliefs. Now imagine if everybody in the world was that way! I think we'd save a lot of time without a lot of pointless arguments. Same goes for just about any subject.