Author Topic: Invite button.  (Read 10125 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Invite button.
« on: June 08, 2013, 09:24:30 pm »
I don't know if this has been suggested before, probably has, but it would realy be nice if we could have an 'Invite' button in the game just like the 'Join game' one but with this one invite people from our stalk-.. I mean friends' list to our game. It's not something absolutely necessary, but it would be nice to have none-the-less.

Cheers~

Offline Seamus S

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Invite button.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »
Not a bad idea. In the mean time, try sending them a private message. I know you can click on regular chat messages and join the game of the sender. I haven't tried with a private message yet, but it seems like it should work the same way.  Try sending a pm to a friend saying "Hi, click this to join our match."

Now, if we could just reserve a crew slot for them. =)

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:54:32 pm »
Not a bad idea. In the mean time, try sending them a private message. I know you can click on regular chat messages and join the game of the sender. I haven't tried with a private message yet, but it seems like it should work the same way.  Try sending a pm to a friend saying "Hi, click this to join our match."

Now, if we could just reserve a crew slot for them. =)

The chat box is kinda small and the person would have to be paying attention to it in order to see such a message though, an invite function would pop a small message box on their screen while playing a sound (not something loud or annoying) so they can be notified properly, it would be a very nice convenience.

Reserved slots don't sound bad either.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:10:14 pm »
A party system is already being worked on, and was supposed to be released with the latest patch, but got pushed back due to the large amount of performance issues Muse had over the TGS weekend. I would not be surprised to see it in the next patch :)

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 02:32:53 pm »
A party system is already being worked on, and was supposed to be released with the latest patch, but got pushed back due to the large amount of performance issues Muse had over the TGS weekend. I would not be surprised to see it in the next patch :)

That would be most convenient. Thank you.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »
I wonder how the party system will find games. Currently it is pretty difficult to find a game that is not completely empty that has 4 open spaces on the same ship. Will there be some filtering such that the the party/party leader will only see servers that can accommodate them?

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »
I wonder how the party system will find games. Currently it is pretty difficult to find a game that is not completely empty that has 4 open spaces on the same ship. Will there be some filtering such that the the party/party leader will only see servers that can accommodate them?

Possibly an function to move lone players on an ship to an other ship to fill in spaces when you join in as a crew?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 02:05:49 am »
I'm guessing they'll take the easy rout and just put the full ship into an empty lobby if no game can accommodate it.