Author Topic: Level restricted games  (Read 11487 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Level restricted games
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 11:19:43 pm »
To rephrase my original thought; I think it might be nice for the shuffle to be optional.

In the pre game lobby there could be a button for a captain to request a ship shuffle.  Everyone in the lobby will see that a ship shuffle has been requested by this captain.  Both captains on the opposing team could have a button to accept the switch.  If a captain accepts, his ship would be swapped with the one who made the request.

No one would be forced to shuffle but it would make it easy for anyone who would like to.

Furthermore it would be nice to just switch map sides.  You could play matches and easily switch between spawn sides every match to ensure an even playing field.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 08:17:36 am »
I think the ship shuffling could do some good. It might not be used by all stacked teams, and it might as well be used for trolling, but in either case the loosing side has got the option to request shuffling. Making a statement for "Hey, let's make this more balanced" by simply clicking a button. That would at least give players who have bad luck with their own crew and stacked teams on the other side some "support".

They don't have to leave automatically or try to talk the level 10 crew on the other side into shuffling, they just press a button and the other team sees the request. I'm sure there'd be some moral imperative behind that, and I'm also sure that accepting such shuffles would be well received by all parties in the game.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22:41 am »
I quite like the idea of shuffling as it has been described as so far! It sure is a bit better than restricting games.
Quite nice to finally see a discussion in here.