Author Topic: one very simple important change  (Read 5243 times)

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
one very simple important change
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:36:49 pm »
Something that happens almost every time I have kerosene and hydrogen... I mistake them. On a big monitor in fury of combat it's easy to mistake them because they have very similar shapes. I would like to replace this:

With maybe this:

Or with something else. Just to do something to make the differences between them more visible.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: one very simple important change
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:15:51 pm »
Or make the Hydrogen completely vertical and the Kerosene completely horizontal.

You know, because Hydrogen helps you move vertically and Kerosene helps you move horizontally.

I realize that this would leave less room for the actual image and more blank space in the icon, but it would make it even harder to mistake one for the other, despite each being a little smaller.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:17:53 pm by James T. Kirk »

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:32:10 pm »
Even though I don't personally have this problem, I totally understand the merit of your proposed change. Simply flipping one vertically would be very easy to implement. I think this is a very good idea. Salute!

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:36:18 am »
I always put equipment in the same slots (4 is either Moonshine, Chute Vent, or Drogue Chute. 3 is Hydrogen, Tar, Impact Buffers. 2 Is always Kerosene) so I never get confused! I do have a Gamepad, so it's also pretty hard to accidentally the wrong key.

I think this is a good idea though.
But do other people cycle items through different slot, or do they have a 'slot' where each item belongs (obviously, this limits the combinations you can have, thus I have been known to violate my rule if I'm trying a new combo)? I generally have a set loadout for each of my ships.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 01:27:22 pm »
Mallet is always the first slot.
Spanner is always the second slot.
Wrench is always the first slot.
Extinguishing tools are always the third slot.
Buff goes third slot for mallet/spanner/buff, and second slot for wrench/buff/extinguisher.

My pilot tools are less strongly defined. I always put kerosene first, second is moonshine/tar, third is chute vent.