Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon Side Quest: The Chase  (Read 97103 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon Side Quest: The Chase
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2013, 10:54:24 pm »
--NARRATOR--

Despite the heavy storms hitting the ships. Both Zill and Skyraider can't find a suitable area to take cover under. Even though the storm is effecting the radio reception, Zill and Skyraider decide to throw moonshine in the engines in hopes to exit the storm sooner (much to the dismay of each ships' engineers).

Eventually, both ships emerge from the storm and on the horizon a small town can be seen.

It's Sarin.

Both ships manage to dock into Sarin's small dockyard and Zill and Skyraider take stock of how much damage their ships incurred. Fortunately, the captains' decision to blitz the storm was a wise one. Most of the ships damage are cosmetic and no permanent damage to the engines.

The captains' decide the damage can be ignored and make the call to find the nearest inn/tavern to rest up and find any additional information on either Birdman or Soaring Wing.

It's mid evening and the team has found an inn to stay. Most of the team decide to get some sleep. Only two still awake: Yiski and Zill.

--END NARRATOR--

*Yiski, Zill, and the Sarin dockmaster are sitting at a table inquiring about Birdman.*
*Inkeeper says to the two*

"Yeah, I know th' fella you described. He wasn't here no more than a day ago. When I saw him, he was all quiet and such and that mask of his just makes 'em more... odd.  It also looked like he had a couple of workers too. Not the powder monkeys or deckhands, but more like general laborers."
"I tried to be friendly and ask what's he doing out in these parts, but other guy, probably his guard or something, told me to back off. When I turned around, I swear I could hear him mumble somethin'."

*Yiski faces the dockmaster*

Do you remember what he said?

"Somethin' about some ol' loot from the pre-world I think."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »
*Give a blank stare for a moment*

Pre-world eh? Anything back from then is either so rotten its useless or so complicated its beyond our capabilities. If this guy is out looking for it, we can only assume he knows what he's after. Laborers tell me its not just laying around in a cave either. Gotta' dig.

*Turns to Yiski*

He knows what hes after and with that map, will not waste time to find it. What he plans to do with whatever it is is still unknown. Damn the Sands.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:07:30 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 11:07:08 pm »
*Yells from a distance*
I'll need time to do further research on this "Pre-world" tech! I'll need awhile, I might be able to do somethin' while we are docked.
*Thinks to self*
So many loose ends, what is the "Pre-world" tech, well guess who's gettin' nein sleep tonight.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »
*Dockmaster gets up*

"Well, sorry if I couldn't give you fellas more of a definitive answer"

*Yiski stops the dockmaster*

No, no, you've been helpful in the matter. But before you head out, do you know what type of route the ship would take going further south?

*Dockmaster sits back down and thinks for a minute*

"Hmm.... the best place to head would be Cathedral. It's one of those large cities, and looking at the size of the galleon and its accompanying ships, they'd have to head there to do any sort of resupply.

*Dockmaster turns to Zill*

"If you got a map of the middle plains region, you'd want to head south to Pila, then Ranad, Bannan's Rest, and finally Cathedral. All in all, you're looking at least 3 days travel, 4 if you take short breaks."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:30:24 pm by Yiski »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:44 pm »
BdrLineAzn's Docks

*after what seems hours a clear reception comes through*

Finally a connection. I bet that storm gave them quite a time.

*dials in the frequencies again*

Zill, Sky looks like i've got some news for ya. Once you guys left a thought came to mind. Only reason we are on this mission is that Spoon said that  the flare gun had a hidden map. But if i remember correctly from the saloon birdman left the auction house with it dismantled. Only way he knows there is a map is if he has a man back in Yesha. Right now i've have a friend of mine to go check in the morning who visited that wasn't a scholar. Also since not everyone was here when i told you, but apparently birdman has some more friends. While i was installing the radios i send in a wire to Sarin and ask if there was anything suspicious, what ive got back was that they spotted a modify pyra with black markings on along with a galleon. but i'll give you a call when i recieve more news.

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 11:24:24 pm »
BdrLineAzn's Docks

*after what seems hours a clear reception comes through*

Finally a connection. I bet that storm gave them quite a time.

*dials in the frequencies again*

Zill, Sky looks like i've got some news for ya. Once you guys left a thought came to mind. Only reason we are on this mission is that Spoon said that  the flare gun had a hidden map. But if i remember correctly from the saloon birdman left the auction house with it dismantled. Only way he knows there is a map is if he has a man back in Yesha. Right now i've have a friend of mine to go check in the morning who visited that wasn't a scholar. Also since not everyone was here when i told you, but apparently birdman has some more friends. While i was installing the radios i send in a wire to Sarin and ask if there was anything suspicious, what ive got back was that they spotted a modify pyra with black markings on along with a galleon. but i'll give you a call when i recieve more news.
*Hears the radio*
I understand, make sure you get this information to Zill as well, I probably will pass out from this work, don't expect me to relay this information to him.
*Turns back to his work once again, but picks up a paper*
The German "Wetter Produzent", made before the end of the Great War, lost due to massive bombardments, underground facility was..... To bad the note ends.
Out of character
I'll be on later, don't start or anything
End out of character

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:33 pm »
*Pats Yiski on the back*

We have our route. In the morning we make ready for the trip. I dont do short breaks. We are skirting the Burren as well, so raiders will most likely be a issue.

*They head back to the Inn when Jun'ko comes running out to them*

I overheard BdrLine sending a message. I wrote it down. Sky is in there sniffing through books and generally being weird. Creeped me out some...

*Zill and Yiski read the message*

Looks like BdrLine is a tad late to figure the ships out. The friends might help us figure out what hes after.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:59 pm »
--NARRATOR--

As the team now have their course plotted for Cathedral, those still awake head to bed. By morning, the team will be heading out at first light. The path won't be easy. Raiders have increased their presence in the Burren.

--END NARRATOR--

END DAY ONE OF QUEST
(No posts. I'm looking at you Skyraider.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:04:59 am by Yiski »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 09:44:28 am »
Quest will not start up until March 1. Please go to Pit thread for additional details.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:47 am »
--START DAY TWO OF QUEST--

-NARRATOR-

The sun rises on the second day of the team's quest. Unsurprisingly, the entire team is already downstairs having breakfast and talking.
The conversation mainly hinges on the engineers complaining about keeping the engines alive while blitzing through the previous day's storm.

As the team finishes up breakfast, Yiski gets the attention of everybody.

-NARRATOR END-

Alright folks, here's the plan.

*Yiski lays out the map of the Burrens*

We'll be heading south to Pila next, then Ranad, Bannan's Rest, and finally Cathedral. The trip without breaks will take 3 days max assumin' we don't run into any raiders.

Get whatever you'll need for the next 3 days. We'll meet at the docks at high noon.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:48 pm »
*Stares at the map for a minute and then back to everyone*

Keep your wits about you and your spyglass clean. The months havent softened the raiders in and around The Burren. The latest squeeze on their raids have made 'em desperate.

By my account, the skies will be clear. Now hurry up, this be a chase after all.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 02:58:38 pm »
*Starts to cleaning rifle after checking the map*

Been months since I last ran into some raiders, if I find the one's that wrecked my ship then... *mumbles*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 12:46:18 am »
This is a quest summary. For the sake of time. Saloon will reopen tomorrow when I have it unlocked (whenever that is).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EMsUJ_1k5rfpIsmCeSCzgidMQQ0YcKM5FAYvNGsLDEc/edit?usp=sharing

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 12:56:54 pm »
Locked at creator's request. Memorial services are private.