Author Topic: "Crewing" in Adventure Mode  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
"Crewing" in Adventure Mode
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »
Hey ^^ You ever thought about how it will be in Adventure Mode , where youre part of a Faction , and doin Missions and Stuff,  what is the "crew joining system" like , there ?
I dont think you just press the button "search crew of my faction" or something , and just join a random crew :D I dont think the Devs want to tell us , if they already have something in Mind , but i would like to hear your Opinions :D
I think it could be possible to have like a Board in a Pub or something in the Main Capita of your Faction , where you can offer your Services , or search for Crew Members :P
What do you think ?

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
Re: "Crewing" in Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:36:06 pm »
We have several ideas but nothing is set in stone so ideas are more than welcome.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
One aspect of it HAS to be hooking up with your friends simply and easily when they play. A hop-on-hop-off style we see in the skirmish-mode, but more tied to the captain who is flying the ship. And, naturally, accepting the fact that if you are not on the same quest as the captain you gain less from it.
If there aren't friends of your faction available, you could join to another faction as NPC-type secondary character if the faction has your friends on it. No gains on plot- or quest progression but hey, you helped your friend!

And, of course, you could crew random people from your own faction.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 01:36:31 am »
I think the players won't be faction locked, so the job board idea would work treat as a quick key hub with selection options.

For example, I hit U, it opens a social tab with available missions, I pull down a bar for profession selection, select gunner, pull down another bar for a faction, Anglean, pulled down another bar of selections for w/ mic or without.
This brings up a selection of current missions.  Missions displayed would be similar to what we have now, green is in progress, red waiting for crew.  Captains would have the option to set a lockout timer for in progress maps, to prevent a quick join.  I'd say increments of 1m upto 5 minutes.  If a map has an active timer, needs a gunner, you can join and you'll be instantly transported to that ship from your present location.
This is however, temporary, as when the mission is over you'll go back to the city from which you left when taking the job.  This will allow crew to join ships all over the world at any time.
This however would not be true for ship captains.  A ship would have to be physically docked at a location in order to select an available mission from the city proper and execute it.
With players other than captains being able to join any ship anywhere, this prevents the problem of captains not being in the same location as their ship.  You'll always move with your "ship inventory" when you move from one city to another, either as a captain on a mission, or ad a sign on crew for a transport taken as a preformed crew rather than using a quick join feature.

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 02:48:35 am »
Yeah, that is a great idea :D  This would be pretty cool if it were like this in the adventure Mode.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 05:35:34 am »
dont add the quick join button in adventure mode.

Offline Skaiiol

• Salutes: 0
    • [iX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 05:19:38 am »
I hope there would be a system such as
-The capitain can get quest from NPC
-The engi & gunners can get quest(or series of quest) from the captains which are on the same/close region

You can plan each quest as a raid and everybody on the ship work together (same quest)