Author Topic: adventure mode  (Read 6644 times)

Offline Fuzen kuden

• Salutes: 0
    • [HSZ]
    • View Profile
adventure mode
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:13:07 am »
Are you guys excited? what are you hoping to see? do you guys have any worry's of what might happen?  i hope that it all goes well, and wont cost us an arm and a leg to buy. >.> what about you guys?

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:18:18 pm »
[Moved to from the Gallery as it's more fitting here]

...and to answer your question. Yes I'm really excited, and hoping that they'll pull of the eco-political system even though they didn't reach the stretch-goal for that specific feature. :)

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »
I am completely behind Dragon on this one. Disregard the fact that I'm normally piloting in the ship next to him most nights. I'm serious though, it is a little annoying when we get a good crew together from our clan, assemble 2 fully loaded ships, and just wreck shop in a regular match with lower level players. So we do 2 things to combat this. We search out the Changos and the Admiral Zils to fly against and get some really good games going, and we also host mini training sessions.

Tutorials are nice, but nothing helps new players as much as having someone sit down and explain winning strategies, and then see a noticeable difference in how they perform the next match. I've had players thanking me for giving them the standard kill-ship pyra or junker and advice on how to fly it well, they come out feeling so much better and enthused about the game because they feel like they can actually do things well now. Of course, trolls will be trolls and ducks will be ducks, but I'm talking specifically to the people who might not know better, yet want to.

For me, I think as all things, moderation is key. Not telling someone what you feel about their build loadout might be stripping them of a learning ability. But yelling at them to change because "they're so stupid how do you even call yourself a gamer blah blah blah" isn't going to do anyone any good. People will just leave, or stay with their loadout out of spite. I normally ask other pilots or crew if they would like some advice. I've held up a match from starting for 5 minutes and ran through some good strategies, and boom the next match was way better and everyone came out on top. My point is, just be helpful to other players, don't be a dick, and let's try to get everyone to become better players!

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »
wrong thread silly Wuffo!