Author Topic: Making the classes more unique.  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Kluddio

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
    • My osu page.
Making the classes more unique.
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:46:16 pm »
Been thinking about the class system in this game a bit, each class gets to pick 3 tools/rounds from there own trait.
Engineers gets 3 tools while a pilot/gunner gets one. But it seems to be a bit of a waste to even go the class gunner.
Yes i know, you get to pick 3 rounds, First how offen do you swap rounds becasuse of the reload time.
And i think there are some rounds that are more used and more effective then other.
These are the once i found best

• Heavy rounds - ( -80% Recoil | -25% muzzle speed )
    • Burst rounds - ( 50% AoE | 20% clip | - 15% Rate of fire )
      • Greased rounds - ( 60% speed | 20% clip | -15% rotation | -20% projectile speed )

So lets say your pilot picks a pyramidion with a gatherling gun and a flak cannon at the front you want the burst rounds most for a easy and clean kill.
    Gatherling gun for hull damage then finish them off with the flak cannon not that much need for the other rounds. Then you only need to pick engineer. Being a gunner seems like a waste becaue they got no "special" feature to offer, but as a engineer you get 3 useful tools to help out on the deck while still using the guns.

To make the classes work more effective i think the game needs to make so gunner can use all the rounds while the other classes are only allowed to some of them and same goes for the pilot and engineer too.

Of course there are some ship tacticis that might need more then one round of effect.
    This is only my point of view.

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Making the classes more unique.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:05:15 pm »