Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 323492 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: The Mobula
« Reply #345 on: July 03, 2013, 11:34:42 am »
-35% fire rate

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #346 on: July 03, 2013, 11:37:40 am »
Shouldn't that be "[censored]% [censored] [censored]"  ?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39:14 am »
Meh, might as well let that go. After all, everybody knows that the lumber got a massive projectile speed buff and that heavy clip was nerfed at this point.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2013, 11:56:53 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_velocity

=p

EDIT: To clarify, a bowling ball falls faster than a feather in an atmosphere, yes? Same principle.

A bowling ball falls faster due to wind resistance.  Weight does not affect this.  A rubber ball and a lead ball the same size will fall at the same speed.  Same sould be for a mine and a heavy mine. Read  your own article.

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2013, 12:05:43 pm »
Meh, might as well let that go. After all, everybody knows that the lumber got a massive projectile speed buff and that heavy clip was nerfed at this point.

Projectile speed increase, aka a nerf at close range as it will raise the effective arm time, and considering incendiary ammo doesn't slow as much anymore that plus the fire buff and we might see flame weapons becoming more common.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 03, 2013, 12:07:59 pm »
i have to admit, seeing the mine launcher and mobula released side by side, . i knew it was going to be a "Bad" thing. . in the sense that everyone always goes to the new stuff, . . and mobula + mines is a tricky tactic to make work :P though, setting the engine in reverse and laying a wall of mines from 4 launchers was always something i wanted to see

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:08 pm »

Projectile speed increase, aka a nerf at close range as it will raise the effective arm time, and considering incendiary ammo doesn't slow as much anymore that plus the fire buff and we might see flame weapons becoming more common.

Yeah, the moment I noticed the speed increase I thought "OMG, arming time". In fact, I first noticed the nerd when I was making sure that the lumberjack OHKOed the mine's balloon. I fired a mine, backed up quite a bit (out of old arming time), and fired an entire clip to no effect.

I spent a few seconds completely baffled as to why the gat did more to that balloon than the lumber, and then I fired a projectile high... And... Yikes.

Were flames buffed in this patch? I didn't check.

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »

Yeah, the moment I noticed the speed increase I thought "OMG, arming time". In fact, I first noticed the nerd when I was making sure that the lumberjack OHKOed the mine's balloon. I fired a mine, backed up quite a bit (out of old arming time), and fired an entire clip to no effect.

I spent a few seconds completely baffled as to why the gat did more to that balloon than the lumber, and then I fired a projectile high... And... Yikes.

Were flames buffed in this patch? I didn't check.

You can't extinguish on cooldown anymore, thus fire buff, backing up while chucking out mines, that would be crazy, if people ran into them

Dust clouds and tar clouds filled with mines anyone? :D

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2013, 12:15:16 pm »
No more extinguish on cooldown? The hell? Fire will be massively, stupidly OP. There's no way that it'll be possible for extinguishes to keep up with flamethrowers.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #354 on: July 03, 2013, 12:27:30 pm »
What? No way.

If that's true, there's actually zero reason to extinguish any more at all (unless the cooldown timer for it becomes like... half of what it is now).

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 03, 2013, 12:29:15 pm »
Hopefully there's some kind of accompanying buff to extinguishing tools, like a shorter cooldown. Otherwise the close-range meta will be dominated by Junkers with flamer trifectas.

Or worse, Mobulas with flamer tetrafectas.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 03, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »
Interestingly cooldown for extinguishes is exactly half of what it is now.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #357 on: July 03, 2013, 12:36:26 pm »
You can't extinguish on extinguisher cool downs or all repair cool downs.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2013, 12:37:45 pm »
Interestingly cooldown for extinguishes is exactly half of what it is now.
That's a lot more workable, then.

I'd like to see an increase to the amount of time chem spray stays on a component as another change then too, honestly. Otherwise I think it'll mostly be extinguishers for everyone.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2013, 12:39:12 pm »
Ok ok either make new topics for these revelations or keep it on the Manta. Internet attention-spans man....