Based in New York, New York
Press / Business contact:
336 West 37th Street, #580
New York, NY 10018
The call of war beckons. Four factions, in their mighty airships, have taken to the skies over the charred remains of a post-apocalypse world. The time of reckoning is upon every captain and crew; to set forth into war to see which faction reigns supreme.
Fallen from grace, the Fjord Baronies attempt to reclaim their heritage and fulfill a destiny as prophecy foretold. The Anglean Republic obsessively scours the land for long forgotten technologies to return the world to a fabled and former paradise. Taking advantage of the world’s desperate state, the Mercantile Guild buys and sells anything worth a price to the highest bidder. And as the earth continues to bleed, the Order of Chaladon emerges from their seclusion to stem the flow and repair what has been damaged, no matter what the cost. Choose your faction and shape the future of this world!
With 13 ships, 24 guns, 26 tools and 15 special abilities, you and your crew will have the opportunity to forge new experiences and experiment with unique and never-tried-before builds and combinations thousands of times over. Test your choices again an AI Director armed with fleets of planes, an armada of ships, and imposing bosses.Once your ship is outfitted with the most powerful guns and expert crew, set forth and battle across 36,000 square meters of terrain, over various action-packed game modes and maps. Every choice you make affects the state of the world in real time. Force other players to attack, defend, or flee with the planning of a master strategist. At the end of every season, see the culmination of your choices in our emergent narrative and player-influenced history of the world. Outfit your ship, find a loyal crew, and take to the skies to bring glory to your faction!
Features- Co-Op PvE Missions – Fight the AI with your friends across multiple battlefields trying to complete a myriad of varied objectives. - Teamwork is Vital – Your ship doesn’t run if everyone isn’t working. Become a well-tuned death machine with communication and unity. - Actively thinking enemy AI – Have your tactics, plans, and strategies countered by an AI Director that is constantly learning from the way you play. - Play the Objectives! – Be pushed to your limit as you are forced to break bases, chase convoys, and defend from hordes. Each time you master a level of play the AI director ramps up the tension giving you a new challenge. - What are your orders, Admiral? – A faction meta-game in the vein of MMO Risk is yours to command. 56 territories need you to coordinate, strategize, influence, and make shady political deals to shape the world on a grand scale. - Player Written History – Your choices and actions don’t only drive your story, but the world’s. Every season players will find their deeds, fame, and infamy recorded as part of the living lore of the world. This emergent history will shape the game and future choices you get to make. - You’re the Captain now – Load up one of 13 unique ships with a selection of two dozen guns and arm your floating mechanical horror blistering with destructive weapons. Work with your crew to find the optimal loadout between 26 tools and 15 special abilities in thousands of combinations to crush everything in your path.
Guns of Icarus Alliance - Trailer YouTube
Guns of Icarus Alliance - Gameplay YouTube
Guns of Icarus Alliance Prologue YouTube
Click here to download these screenshots and more as a zip.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Intel Level Up: Best 3d Graphics" - 2016
- "Tokyo Game Show: Indie Area Selection" - 2016
- "Casual Connect Asia Best Multiplayer Game Finalist" - 2016
- "Casual Connect Asia Most Promising Game in Development Finalist" - 2016
- "Kickstarter Ghost Arcade" - 2016
- "Intel GDC Showcase" - 2016
- "DevGamm Showcase" - 2016
- "MAGFest Indie Showcase Selection" - 2016
- "PAX Prime Best Indie MMO" - 2015
- "It's going to pull in a whole new batch of players who, like me, have been intrigued by Guns of Icarus but would prefer to focus more on teamwork than competition with real people."
- "It's basically PvE Guns of Icarus and it's pretty dope...they introduced new ships, new guns, new looks for people...I've always said the best part about that game is being like hey gang, want to go blow shit up and be awesome sky pirates?"
- Jesse Cox
History and Facts
Guns of Icarus Alliance (Expansion) Timeline
- May 2013: Expansion Kickstarter funded with $200K and 4600+ backers.
- Jul 2013: Development commenced (moving beyond concept).
- Aug 2014: Indie Megabooth, Pax Prime.
- Sep 2015: First prototype keys to Kickstarter backers.
- Jul 2016: Entering Alpha
Guns of Icarus Online (Base Game) Timeline
- Feb 2012: Successful Kickstarter campaign, with 1200+ backers and $35K funding.
- Oct 2012: PC/Mac release on Steam in the eye of Hurricane Sandy.
- Jun 2013: IndieCade selection at E3.
- Aug 2013: Indie Prize Best Desktop Game winner at Casual Connect.
- Sep 2013: Best 3D Visual Experience winner at Unity Awards.
- Nov 2014: First prototype PS4 build.
- Jan 2016: Reached 1M players
- 5.8 Billion shots fired.
- 8.1 Million ships destroyed.
- 1.2 Million matches played.